Have played this for 3 days now. Some tips:
- With wife skills, watering is largely useless (level 25 still only gets you 2.65 seconds of water per minute), selling is good, and collecting eggs is fantastic once levelled up to 10+.
- Go straight for eggs and level up the eggs trader to max with prosperity. Don't bother much with compost or tools, the returns diminish to nothing very rapidly, whereas the egg sell amount doubles every time you prosper, up to a max of 384000 per dozen eggs!
- Pro-tip: Go into town. Reset your skills. Put all points into selling. Go back to your farm (important), then go back into town... *then* you can sell your eggs and sell to the market trader with 100% skill points in sell and get a lot more cash. Doesn't work with crops, but if you're focused on eggs and the market trader, it works perfectly.
- Don't buy seeds past corn, all it will do is give you "upgraded" potatoes (and other veg), which are really hard to farm and kills off easy money from the market trader since it'll take 10 times longer to harvest potatoes which should be easy.
- Play manually and optimally during the 30 minutes where you have the flower bonus active, this is essential, and you can get 30-50 bunches in half an hour, perfect for getting your wife, or adding a level or three to her.