For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 199 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Reviews for "0RBITALIS"

Great game. A couple of the single star levels were a bit too easy, but fun to create truly stable orbits in. The last level was a nice twist.

awesome!!!

Finally, a gravity game that's about achieving _real_ orbits, not bouncing off weird billiard tables in space, with lasers & crazed robots.

Simple, fun, educational. I like!

Ive played games similar to this, and this one lived up to its potential. I liked watching the gravitational orbits and trying to find the perfect one for each level, cuz when you find the right one, its so satisfying to watch. The only thing I might mark down is lack of music, though the lack of music was also oddly acceptable too, so yeah
Anyways, nicely done!

Very nice, overall. The concept is refreshingly original in this, the Great Age of Tower Defense and Puzzle Platformers. There's something strangely satisfying about flinging an object into an intricate, semi-stable orbit around multiple celestial bodies.
I liked the minimalist aesthetic, with the gray static background and simple, geometric planets and stars. Adding too much detail would, I feel, distract from the essential puzzle aspect of the game, not to mention making it unnecessarily harder. That said, I feel it could have benefited from some simple, subtle background music. Nothing flashy, just something to fill the ear-space besides flat, hissing static.
If I have one semi-serious gripe, it's that the difficulty tends to yo-yo between levels. Specifically, those levels that just have one body, such as a star, tend to be too easy: just use the pathfinder to trace a line roughly in line with that of your orbit, and launch. Comparatively, the earlier levels with planets orbiting a star are quite a bit harder. I feel that the game would benefit from having single-body levels serve as an introduction to the orbiting mechanic, the level timer, and varying gravitational fields, among other things. That said, I also think you could scrap them entirely, and the game wouldn't suffer unduly as a result.
All in all, a very solid offering that could prove truly exceptional with a bit more polish. Keep up the good work.

AlanZucconi responds:

Ohhh, I wish I could have done some proper music! Unfortunately I didn't really have time for it (waster 12 hours on another prototype!) so I ended up putting white noise. Well, after all... there isn't sound in space, right? :D Yep, I should definitely re-arrange levels! One-star levels were sooo easy. Thank you for the nice words! :-)