Reviews for "You Have One Box"

Terrible art. Terrible music. Terrible level design. It's so bad it's... kind of charming.

Anyway, not bad for a Ludum Dare game.

I was pretty impressed by this game. I will say it wasn't the best the Ludum Dare 28 had to offer, but still decent. I like how complicated it can get even though the graphics are simple. This shows you can make something good in this short a time. The most annoying part is how you have to control him when he's on the box.

You really have to bring the box up on the exact level. While the design was simple, it was still quite nice. I think the music is pretty cool too. It's all around good game. My favorite is the level t all the blue buttons.

I'd like to be able to comment on the game as a whole, but I couldn't get past level 9. While I'm sure I could have beaten it with a mouse, I was using a touchpad and it was damn near impossible. I don't wanna hold that against the game though, as that problem was on my end. However, the music really drove me nuts. The mute button is a blessing. The most frustrating part had to be the box being let go without me actually letting go of it. It happened a LOT.

I didn't think the game was bad at all, but I've played better. Great job for something done in such a short amount of time.

Its pretty fun, like the simple idea. the music is a little repetitive but this was for ludumedare so i understand, overall a decent game.

Most of the reviews on this page cover it. Although I'd disagree on certain points. For one, some of the levels are VERY hard. Whether it takes 6 million tries to complete something has nothing to do with the difficulty. An element to puzzle-solving is looking at your puzzle before you try to solve it, which you pulled off nicely. Though it was short which, for the purpose of which you made it, can't be helped, you still made good use of your space. And yeah, that music made me want to rip out my ears.

The one point I want to make above all others is the order in which you placed the levels. The absolute hardest level was 9 because you have to follow Bob's exact pace within an excruciatingly narrow, straight-line path. That one should be at the end, because it's just damn hard. So many games do this, it seems. The hardest level/boss/whatever isn't at the end of the game, where it should be. That's the whole point of getting to the end of a game; to overcome the most difficult challenge. That could use some more thought. Other than that, I really don't know anything about programming, so I can't say much more about it. I still think you did good as hell for two days.