Reviews for "Pine"

I enjoyed the style a lot. Plus, the story was great - it was short and to the point, but above all, it was meaninful. Good job!

I am a little confused at the very end - was the Dad not there at all?

dylan responds:

Was who not there at all?

It's always a pleasure to come across an animation that isn't trying to be funny. Animations like this are, in my opinion, a true form of art and something truly worth viewing. Thank you for sharing this with us. I hope that your work gets more attention.

dylan responds:

The thing about dramas is that they can miss their mark and still be enjoyable, but, when a comedy misses, it's just plain awful to watch. I completely admire and respect all the guys/gals that can pull off a good comedy piece.

Thanks for the kind words!

Great animation but can you perhaps explain the very end to me because I'm a bit confused whether the father abandoned the child or the father was simply a figment of her imagination.

dylan responds:

He just went out for a pack of cigarettes, he'll be back in twenty.

Brilliant. I loved the animation and the timing, action, and dialogue was great. I really feel like it should have gone just a bit longer however, and it cut out very quickly. Other than that, it was a great film.

dylan responds:

Yeah, I know what you mean. If I had had more time to work on it, I would have liked to add more elements to it. There was originally a whole bit about pinecones, and then making a fire, and all this nice symbolic junk about life that I had to cut to get it animated in a week. Thanks though!

Nature is pretty much the reason why we live. Without the help of trees we would be dead. trees live old and will die old(can they even die old?), or die when chopped down. People pick up your trash when you go outside or if you see trash please pick it up. you will make not only the trees happy but also animals. like bears. who can kill you. even if you help them. survive. the cold. or from hunger. etc.

Beavers kill trees, too.