Reviews for "Lost Outpost"

I haven't played through the entire thing yet but I've gotten about 5 missions in and I want to give some constructive criticism. It was not as good as I was expecting. It felt less of a new game, and more of like the old game with a different storyline. Sure, there are some new features, such as the more "gadget" style weapons, armor upgrades, more enemy variety, and all of those things are fantastic additions to be sure. The first game lacked some gameplay depth and these really filled a missing hole there. However, some things such as the clunky movement and strange AI behavior (along with lack of any real animation) are still here, even though I assumed those were things that would get ironed out for the second game. That said I love the game, and it kinda sucks on the other sites because it really is a game meant for full screen, so I'll enjoy playing it on Newgrounds. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Squize responds:

Valid review, thank you.
We spent a lot of time with one off set pieces this time ( Like the "Ghostbusters library" sequence in level 2 when everything is exploding ) to try and make it more filmic and to vary things. Also the two characters / flipping back and forth in time etc.
At the end of the day though, it's a top down shooter, and as a sequel we couldn't really move too much out of that scope without annoying everyone who enjoyed the first, our plan was "More, just bigger".
And yeah, we tested it in full screen from the start, it's the best way to play it.

Wow. If you ever get a console version going please let me know!

Such a great game! Love the set pieces (especially the first explosion - chase - giant bug sequence) and the way it swaps between the space station and the planet. Great effects and sounds too. Loads of attention to detail everywhere. Losing half a star because I played in full-screen for the first 15mins and had to check mail, so jumped out of full-screen and the game was totally black and can't be played any more (even though you can shoot/hear it running) :)

Squize responds:

Thanks for the great review mate, you got in there early :)
The bug you mentioned is a Chrome / Pepper pot one, it's a known thing, and for once a bug which isn't my fault.