Reviews for "Fantasiamaailma"

Hmmm... where does one begin indeed...
You leave me here contemplating about this. I like the overall structure and vision for this which is to start small/modest and build into something one least knows where they are headed. It certainly is a track that takes us into a world of sound that leaves one in wonder. By journey's end, we seem to have been left which mere fragments of this sonic palette in our memories where we can only try to recall what struck out to us the most and what makes this most intriguing to listen to. I get what eatmeatleet has said about this. It can be difficult as there is so much thrown at us as a listener. Does that make it all the less more interesting? I don't think so as I think all the reviews from others before me are true. I tend to like to analyze your music in the aspect of theory, but I'm forced to just enjoy it by letting it wash-over me as that would be a daunting task. I will say that the two most memorable parts for me in this piece is the piano interlude at 2:22 with its tasteful, syncopated rhythm and melody. The second is that low-string motif underlying everything at 3:51 (reminiscent of what dem0lecule does so well) because of the rhythm, again. So there it is.
It appears that what I find most appealing is the drive behind this piece that you both seem to mask very well with by the profusely intricate melodies.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

That's great to hear! We were kind of waiting for your review, hehhe, and you did not disappoint ;)
We appreciate that you appreciate the structure and the vision behind this composition. I always find that when one is introduced to a new world, be it by book, movie, game or music, there is so much that is never told. A story, no matter how huge, almost always leaves somthing more to be desired, and some mysteries that are never solved. That, is part of the beauty, at least to me. It may also lure the one who enjoyed the world back for more :p
It's also good that we managed to "force" you to just sit back and listen, instead of analyzing the track too much in depth. I've never been too huge on theory, partly because of laziness, but also because if used too forcibly, it can limit freedom. I never fully understand why some people analyze a book thoroughly on the first read, especially if it's a book that was never meant to be analyzed in such a way :)
Sure, you can learn a lot of things by doing so, but I always think that at least the first round should be enjoyed as what it is; entertainment, in most cases. Informational books are another story XD
Same goes when listening to music. A lot of times, it's best to just live the music instead of dissecting it :3

Back to the track, after that weird sidenote :p
It's good that the sudden transition into the piano part is something that people have liked so far. We were a bit worried that the sudden tempo, time signature and rhythm change would throw people off. And dem0lecule is definitely responsible for 3:51 XD

This track definitely works in layers, at least in some parts. Many of the backing rhythms and such are dem0's, and many of the melodies are mine, especially at parts where it gets pretty crammed :)

Then again, many of the backings in the first half are mine, and some very good melodies were made by dem0 o.O
I guess I tried to hide my own style a bit though, so that this would sound more uniformal :p

Thanks so much for your review, we appreciate it a lot ;)

These songs are such hard listen. Weird rolling mellodies with coutnerpoints.. Could somehow be made easier for not so advanced listener (Dungeon Siege 2 theme comes to mind).. but for each his own..I like the song more after I read it's for title music. I liked the progressive ending

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I kinda get what you're saying to some extent. There is a lot going on. That is why we occasionally put the focus on a leading melody here and there :)
I'm sure that any listener would get at least something out of this tracks, no matter what their earlier listening background is though :p

Thanks for your listen and for your thoughts :3

So there was some muffling and clipping like at 3:10 and the piano sounded a bit mushy, as well as some instrument like the singing and flutes being too loud. Also the music sounded pretty disjointed just listening to it.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

There's definitely no clipping at or around 3:10. The only thing remotely similar is a deep percussion hit, which may be what you heard :p
Mushy as in sentimental :/?
Is that a bad thing? XD

As for the flutes and singing, I don't feel the same way, and when I bring the volume down, it still feels pretty balanced. That said, the flutes and choirs here are in some pretty high frequency areas of the spectrum, which may be why you feel this way.

The thing about being disjointed, I can kind of understand. We made this track, with our aims to have it evolve a lot during the time it's playing, and we wanted to use some harsher transitions too. But there are things in the track relating different parts together, if you search for them ;)

Thanks for listening, and for leaving a review! :D

well done. beautiful piece. i replayed it several times.

Great to hear! Thanks for listening, several times :D

I agree with the others. The melody and harmony was extremely pleasing to hear and the different transitions flowed smoothly: I didn't even realise it was about 6 mins long till I finished listening! Was pleasantly surprised when the orchestra came, and I felt completely drawn into the sonic world you created! The only criticism I can give is that it sounded way too overcompressed in the louder sections when the full orchestra and drums came in. I know you were probably trying to make it sound as loud as possible, but you could have automated the compression between quiet and loud sections in order to make it more dynamic. Otherwise, fantastic work. You guys have set the bar pretty high in terms of composition ability. Congrats to you both on this.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

It's pretty weird, but I don't feel like this is 6 minutes long either. I guess that paradoxically, even if there are more things going on, it makes it feel like this track is actually shorter than it is, or something like that. Because with so many changes, maybe our minds don't focus as much on the time, but more on what's going on? Idk XD

The criticism may be vaild. I honestly didn't have a lot to do in the productional aspects of this track, but what I do know is that it had to be rendered in 5 different rounds, because of the size and all the great instruments that dem0lecule owns. I can only imagine what a nightmare this must've been to mix/produce, and I'm very happy with dem0's work, as this sounds 1000x times better than if I would've tried :D

As for the composition, we both worked hours upon hours to get these results, so we're very happy to notice that so many people have liked the composition so far :3

Thank you for your review, DL2Electron!