Reviews for "Cyber Rush"

Visually I like it. Very simple controls that work well - however, it doesn't seem like it progresses much at all. And without new stages or enemies or upgrades the replay value is fairly low (unless you're one of the people that wants to get all the medals). It's pretty good, but could be very good with a few expansions.

SamuelX responds:

I wanted to achieve the simplicity of Canabalt, that's why I haven't included upgrades. If I make a sequel, it will have some expansions.

I quite like it, but it just seems a bit to simple to me.

This one didn't do much for me. The controls are tight and the visual style and graphics are very cool, but that's about all I can really say I liked. HFX's music as always is amazing, but I really don't feel like it really fits the theme or style of this game; it feels like a poor match, to be completely honest.

As for the gameplay, the controls are solid, but the level design just loops over what appears to be the same map copy-pasta'd a few times. Granted, what bits there are are pretty well-designed, but such long chunks are identical that it makes gameplay boring and predictable; for instance, I knew I could always slide the entire length of a super-boost, and I always knew that a hill would lead to a higher hill and then a ledge to slide under. I do definitely like the graphical style, and the pixelly tron-ish shattering sounds are neat.

All in all, it feels like this is a great start to a game, but definitely not a fully fledged one. Keep it up!

SamuelX responds:

Thanks. Levels are static up to about 700m, then random order. The reason for long identical chunks is that if I completely randomize every obstacle's order, there might be terrains that are impossible to get through, and it would make everyone angry :) So I designed longer chunks that surely fit together. With the super-boost, your speed is so high (almost 2x normal speed) that you couldn't react to a completely random next level. At 1K m it's ok, but if you are at 7K, you'd crash before seeing what comes. You see, the hard thing is that some people find it boring, but if I make it more challenging then others will get frustrated quickly.

love it love it!!!! it lags a little but then runs really fast . might just be me but it was cool tho not entirely easy on the eyes. again might just be me. Great job! love the soundtrack!

This game is great! But a little hard on the eyes with the shaking, but maybe it's jut that I'm tired..

Keep up the good stuff!