Reviews for "Pact"

It's not bad but maybe i was just not in the mood to play maybe i'll change my mind some other day.

one of the knocks i have against this game is the monotany of the controls and the gameplay. click, click, click, click, sound repetitive? Well, it is. The sudden fights kinda break that up, but even then, you still click to flight. while using the mouse to move around is alright, incorporate the keyboard in the fight controls to break up using the mouse alone. press a letter at a specific point to do a powerful move, or find a hidden treasure on the map. something besides click.

I enjoyed playing your game and here are my comments.

Good:
-The battle system is good
-The story(I feel that it's connected with previous games but I can't find the specific connections)
-The growth system is simple yet perfect

Bad:
-Need more varieties in your sound
-No save button(It's a long game so I was expecting a manual save)

Still enjoyed it by the way. Looking forward for more.

why are there so many fucking random battles what is going on.

Played this because it's from Hyptosis, but as far as your games go, this was one of the more disappointing ones.

First off, controls. It's annoying to constantly click, but using the keyboard controls was not really an option beyond movement because you don't have ANY keyboard controls for the combat menu, which is a weird oversight, considering you took the time to add keyboard movement controls for the main map.

Second, you don't really explain the items thing very well. Sure, you say it does X thing, but when looking at characters' combat stats and equipment, it only shows the most recent acquired item that they're wearing, and also does NOTHING to explain what stats they're receiving from the item, nor can I move equipped items from one character to another.

Third, you don't really explain what to do with xp. I only stumbled on its use by randomly deciding to click on one of my characters' stats and miraculously finding out that I can add to their stat points. More confusingly, however, is that these stat points don't really behave like regular stat points; instead, I spend X amount of xp to increase a character's stat by 1 instead of, say, letting each character get 1 stat point per amount of (individually tracked) xp.

Finally, I really, REALLY hate the scaling equipment prices. For example, right now, if I want to upgrade Will, who currently has 19 Str, from a bronze dagger, I have to pay more than 16 MILLION gold. Short of hacking the flash, there is no way in HELL that I'll get that much gold. While I think it's fine to have scaling prices for items (though I don't think it really makes sense), the current scaling is extreme.

Some other minor gripes:
-Character potraits don't update with the changes to their equipment (e.g., Meadow not wearing "Red robes)

-Enemies in an area can be quickly outleveled, making monster encounters annoying stops in your map exploration

-To add on to the previous point, vitality quickly becomes useless when you can one-shot all the enemies

-Lack of dynamic enemies; after the first area, they're ALWAYS encountered in 3s and, despite different graphics, ALL have *roughly* the same amount of health

-Battle menu doesn't show the numbers on players' health, magic, or on the enemies' health (though not showing the numbers on enemies' health might be understandable)

-No counters for items in the battle menu unless I hover over the item

-Unable to heal or restore mana out of combat because I can't access items/inventory/potions

Beyond that, the art, voice acting, and dialogue were spot on, as always, but these flaws made it impossible for me to finish the game as it currently stands.