Reviews for "Pact"

Very nice look and storyline, but...

The skill costs to opponent strength balance is way off, it the gold cost vs exp cost also. The game is badly imbalanced.
It's repetitive. Also, you need more "overview" ability, i.e. checking potion quantities out of battle, map of forest explored so far, the ability to re-equip past "other" gear.
Give a feeling that the game is linear, grind-based and choice-less: move, mow down opponent, raise skills, repeat.

Fixable, but needs a better design flow of play design. Too bad, I usually love your games.

A group of adventurers has been assembled to slay a fiend hiding in the forest. Guide them through the gauntlet set before them.

IF YOU HAVE FRAMERATE/LAG PROBLEMS
When you're on the map, moving block to block, if it seems slow, try this link -- http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/61725a5c2e12fd0297cba738f0708838
We haven't figured out what is causing it yet, but it seems to only do it here in the portal so far.

Controls ---------
You only need your mouse, it is all point and click.
You CAN use your arrow keys on the keyboard to explore the map if you want, but the mouse also works there.

This was a great game. I like the way characters glow when they are in charge of the conversations. The cutscenes are great, the map system reminds me of the classic games I got used to as a kid (like Task Maker and Exile) and the fighting system is as intuitive as it gets. Great mixture of pixel graphics (for the map) and full-blown sceneries for everything else. It just might be one of the best RPGs I've played this year, just a so simple and yet a challenging; wholesome experience. I really wish the game had some medals though, feels like I'm only completing such games nowadays; I'd love to finish this! :) Keep it going.

-cd-

The Lorestrome logo is my way to find out how good this game is, but why not do you can use items outside battle, and a enemy wiki?

weapon upgrade price didn't fit on the screen