I really like RPGs so I understand the need to grind some, but there are some improvements needed in this:
1. An indicator (like a simple color) to let us know which entry point we entered the board from.
2. Give the Shop it's own icon on the map.
3. Let us choose which accessories to equip or unequip. But I get the old school approach towards this. It reminds me of Wizardry.
4. Buyable potions.
5. A more evened out pricing system for the equipment. So far the two girls were far cheaper to equip than the Rogue/thief type. I don't think I was able to afford anything of his yet. His stuff is very expensive from the beginning. In usual RPG settings, all characters have starter gear and work their way up. The better, the more expensive. So I'm not sure how awesome you were planning to make him, but according to tradition those prices should indicate he's a force to be recon with.
Most of the time I'm wondering around and it's a bit confusing as to when the story will start back up. So could we:
6. Have a main map showing the direction the main characters are supposed to take for the sake of progressing the storyline?
Wandering around should be an option. It's a good thing that helps us discover new items and level up, but some people just want to get to the story and beat the game.
Other than that....
I had no framerate issues.
Game loaded nicely.
Art was good.
Voice acting was pro.
Mechanics were nicely done! Especially on the map!