Reviews for "The Scorpion Box"

Great game. Not too challenging, but tricky enough. It took me a little while to figure out all of the different deaths, but not too long that it was annoyingly frustrating. Great job!

Note: I also encountered the minor bug where the return to screen button just leads to a black game screen, but this can be remedied by switching to a new tab then back, or minimizing the window then switching back.

Tumetsu responds:

Thank you for the bug report! That tab-changing solution should give me a hint of how to fix the bug.

great game, liked the idea of having real solutions to plausible problems, you may even save some lives with that divide one, that was creative, took me forever to find the BSOD, I just could not think of doing something that dumb, but now I feel like an idiot for not thinking of it. Now I know you can't think of everything, and etc. etc. but at the end of this game, I like everyone else, have annoying plot-holy questions, this are unavoidable, I know, but can be fun, and maybe you can use them in a sequel, or something? First of all, for such a realistic game, I think you could have had some red herrings, everything you pick up is relevant to a solution, in real life, some things that look helpful really aren't, but then people like me would think of ways they COULD have been used, and complain about it, or go crazy looking for the "pasta strainer solution", so I guess that is a necessary evil, also, I wanted to kill the scorpion by popping it in the microwave, and popping it like a gory balloon (which should have been a dead give away to the BSoD death), or drill its face in, I also realized that you could, in theory, read the scorpion poetry, open the lid, and get it drunk, mixing and matching solutions like this is fun, also, if you make a sequel, or something like that please add a way where the turtle can kill you, I don't care if it eats your jugular when you play the wrong music, gets out a knife, and stabs you repeatedly for yet another stupid idea, or somehow gets into the air and cracks your skull open like a frozen watermelon in a cheesecake factory run by grapes, it just needs to happen. Again, great game, fun finding all the stuff.

Tumetsu responds:

Thank you for feedback and suggestions! I agree that more solutions and options would have been very nice. Actually I even considered few of the things you suggested. However, making and especially finishing games is actually pretty difficult task and most of the time developers have to cut out some features so that game can be finished in sensible time.
Glad you still enjoyed the game!

great!

I NEEEEEED to get this music. right now. I gave the game 4 stars but without the music it would lack character. The music didn't fit but it didn't become inappropriate. It was odd and made it better. It had an upbeat feel. This game, its music, a cup of coffee, combined make a fun start in the morning.

Tumetsu responds:

If you want to get the background music, you can get it here: http://www.mikseri.net/artists/kitarajamitteluja/walkers/482562/
Just click "Lataa mp3"
For victory music, you can listen the full song "Sipsitalo" here:

All the different solutions and deaths kept me occupied for a while. And I say it was worth it

Oh, and if you guys really hate the music so much, have you ever heard of no sound? You can also turn down the music in the "list" menu.