Reviews for "The Scorpion Box"

THe game is broken fo rme. Sometimes a grey transparent box at the bottom appears that I suppose is supposed to contain text, but instead all I see are a few white pixels appearing from left to right, the rest chopped off.

In addition, I see scenes, like a table or computer desk, and when moving the mouse over these scenes, a white dot about 2 centimeters right of my mouse cursor appears to follow the cursor. I assume this was supposed to be under the mouse cursor?

The game uses normal graphics, so I don't understand whsy it has to depend on Flash features that are apparently broken on my PC?

Tumetsu responds:

Thing is that the project began as a stage3d project utilizing Starling library. Unfortunately that technology apparently isn't as mature yet as it should be. Originally I had few ideas why to use Starling and regarded it as a learning project. Only later when project evolved I realized that I should have gone with regular Flash.

Is it just my computer or, after freezing the box the arrow-key thing doesn't work?

Tumetsu responds:

It depends on how it doesn't work. If the detaching game seems laggy, you are most likely the victim of a videocard which doesn't support stage3d which runs under the hood of the game. If it is something else, you can PM me by more accurate description so that I can take a look into it.

Most of the time, you'll get games that had a good idea, but were poorly executed. This is sort of the reverse of that - it's executed really well, but the idea is pretty silly. That said, this game doesn't take itself too seriously that's easily forgiven. I actually don't mind the amount of possibilities, but I wish the outcomes/solutions/deaths were even more funny and out there. The Death/Parallel Universe/Alien ends are sort of out of place. I'd like to see endings that were more tied to the game but still crazy. Like feeding the scorpion something that makes him grow huge and break or you train the turtle to fight the scorpion in a death match. Things that are funny and related and avoid coming completely out of left field.

Tumetsu responds:

Thank you for critique. The silliness might be explained by that the whole concept came from a dream I had where I was in the depicted situation myself. (I used the freezing solution, but broke the turtle and wake up in panic)

You are right about tying the deaths into game might be a good idea. However, my approach was just try to imagine different ways to explain why player could retry from death, which is usually left unexplained in most of the games. Tbh, I just put in things I myself considered silly.

kkkk very nice!!

when i open the box i cry.