Reviews for "Alien Splatter"

Dear Jesus, does this take me back. The graphics, the music, the level design, the enemies, and even the menus and the password system all feel like I'm playing an NES game again.

A minor bug I found; on the options menu, if you press right again after selecting control scheme 3, the game locks up and you're forced to restart.

SinclairStrange responds:

Ah, I should of made it for both WASD and Arrows for the menu. It doesn't lock up, it just moves the left/right movement to the WASD keys. I'll go and fix that to avoid further confusion!

I'm glad it took you back! My aim was to re-create a NES game with some degree of accuracy. Glad you like!

wow, impressive, must have been a whole bunch of work.
also you catched the vibe of nes games really well.

SinclairStrange responds:

It took about a week worth of work. Glad you enjoyed the game!

Great job emulating the classic feel, and kudos on adjusting the difficulty - it's hard, but fair. None of the random death everywhere, switch rules mid-level BS that plagued the bottom rungs of the NES library. I have a feeling if it did come out in the NES age, people would play the crap out of it!

SinclairStrange responds:

That was my aim to emulate the class ol' feel of these games. I'm glad you enjoyed the game! :)

Awesome. Totally captured that good old NES vibe, to the "T". The whole rhythm of the enemies felt so nostalgic, I had to check to make sure I still had hair on my nuts. Makes me wanna put on my Huey Lewis and the News cassette while I watch ALF.

SinclairStrange responds:

Hahaha, I've just got the vision of Bateman with an axe in my head now. Seriously, you're comment has made my day!

love this game
this is enjoyable. it is cute and awesome. this rocks
like the medals