Reviews for "Alien Splatter"

This is better than some xbox360 games I've played. I'm 30 and this takes me back man. If this was released in the late 80's you would be famous, if you are not already. It only took you a week? Can you teach me how to make games sir? I didn't realize it was that simple, what program do you use, how do I get it? I have zero experience programming but my god, if you did this in a week... Everything about this is perfect, and if anyone complains about the difficulty it's because they were born either post 1990, or they just suck. PERFECT SCORE.

SinclairStrange responds:

Thanks for the review! Me famous nah, never will be these games are just the hobby I'm into. There's lots of way to start making flash games! I'm sure if you google and search around you'll find something to help start you off. I'm really a rubbish teacher so I can't help there >.<

Great retro comeback! Difficulty is just the right amount, awesome graphics and music. Good variety of weapons, though I found some not very useful. Would be cool to have some vehicle as in say Young Indiana Jones Chronicles on NES, that game also has train level :)

SinclairStrange responds:

Never know, next time I might add in some vehicles or something levels that include you piloting one :). I'm glad you enjoyed!

This game is very appealing. I love retro games, and have a sweet spot for NES games in particular.

I can tell you full-heartedly that this could easily have been in one of those grey cartridges. The graphic style matches it flawlessly, as well as the sound. The NES difficulty makes an unmistakable appearance, and I loved it. The challenge is definitely there, and I plugged in my USB NES controller for a more authentic feel. If I had one criticism, it would be that the keyboard controls make the game a lot more challenging, especially due to other flash games making me used to jumping with W or up arrow.

5/5. Great design and perfect recreation of 8-bit gaming. Definitely worth playing through.

SinclairStrange responds:

Thanks, aye if only we could make flash games that support joystick controls. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

nothing like a retro platformer to make you feel small again. quit at level 5, my eyes started to hurt. now i feel old....crap

I don't have words to describe how I feel about this game...