Reviews for "Alien Splatter"

You nailed this, I absolutely love it!

SinclairStrange responds:

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the game!

Great retro comeback! Difficulty is just the right amount, awesome graphics and music. Good variety of weapons, though I found some not very useful. Would be cool to have some vehicle as in say Young Indiana Jones Chronicles on NES, that game also has train level :)

SinclairStrange responds:

Never know, next time I might add in some vehicles or something levels that include you piloting one :). I'm glad you enjoyed!

My god! you launch my brain to the 80s dude!!! i am a huge fan of games like shaterhand, kage shadow of the ninja, ninja gaiden, vice, etc... and now i am a huge fan of Alien Splatter too! great game wwith a great atmosphere! very cool and fun!

SinclairStrange responds:

As am I! Damn I still have those carts, even the NTSC versions so I can play them at full speed instead of the butchered ports we get over here in the UK. Really glad you enjoyed the game!

Nice use of colour, camera, and level flow. I would've preferred if you could jump up through the thin moving platforms, like in any other platformer. There's one thing that really bugged me though: when you quickly tap an arrow key it doesn't make you turn around most of the time, so when I want to turn around and shoot someone I can't because there's a delay or something going on with your controls. Why didn't you just use a simple constant velocity for moving?

As for the Author Comments, this was my impression: "Only 90's kids would understand, unlike you AAA plebs." Ok man chill out.

SinclairStrange responds:

Haha, my author comments were justified after getting a barrage of bad reviews and PM's when I released Ninja Virus and Sole Gunner. It's just my way of telling them to shut up as it just gets a little bit annoying after the nth time. Don't get me wrong I have plenty of current triple A titles on my shelve and I used to work for Sony so :P.

But thanks for the review, the platforms that squish you was just a gimmick for that purpose really. Perhaps I should of made it more clear in hindsight. With regards of the turning/shooting that's just being faithful to the 8bit counterparts. In most games, if you turn around while walking, you need to de-accelerate before turning, it's not constant.

Thanks for the review! :)

A REAL retro game finally. No stupid parallax, antialiasing or fake 24X pixelart, just a genuine old style game like I didn't see in years. And it's even fun! A lot of people here should learn from this game. Congratulations!

SinclairStrange responds:

Thanks! Can't beat a bit of old skool sometimes.

Nes can actually parallax scroll, it's pretty common in later games of that era. The best use is in Kirby's Adventure, the fight against the Nightmare Orb. That just blows my mind.