Reviews for "Asslevania: SOTB"

This game had a lot of potential. The game itself is solid. Learn the mechanics and get a little farther each time. It definitely appealed to the Castlevania fan in me. And then the rest of the game happened.

No checkpoints in the slightest, a confusing leveling system where I seem to randomly level up once every ten deaths, unkillable ghost enemies that react strange and essentially ruin the entire game, incredibly slow movement speed, and no upgrades make this a poor mock of what Castlevania is. Even the original Castlevanias were easier and more fun.

Also, making me go through the same area fifty times in a row to increase play time does not make me want to play the game. Hell Dark Souls is one of the hardest games out there and it at least has an okay checkpoint system. This could've been pretty great but it falls flat quickly

deathink responds:

There is a check point, but it takes a little thinking to figure out. Other than that I didn't think a game that was only 3 mins long really needed much more check points than that. Anyway, thanks for the review. And I would stay away from real mode if cupcake mode game you any trouble.

this is to hard kus the ghostes Blocks of the way and even when its invisebal it still hits you.

you should make the ghost like only can hit you when its visibal kus then you be able to og through it when its invisebal

also you should make the jumping better kus it sucks

Possibly the best Castlevania-themed Games on Newgrounds. :\

deathink responds:

Hahaha, thanks man. I put a lot of work into it.

Music off please????

I Like the game. The controls are a little unresponsive at times but otherwise pretty fluid, Only thing I'm annoyed with is the time trial. First time I beat it was 1:24 (lots of triple jump. Skipping the first section via a double jump at the spawn. and a shitload of crosses (level 4) And didn't get the acheivement. Is it bugged right now?