Reviews for "Asslevania: SOTB"

(Luckily, I managed to find the egg eater to change the game music to the music of Castlevania)

Well, in general is very good. I liked the music and especially the graphics.

However, you should reset these controls. You should by "WASD" and not "A + right and left" Another thing, you should create a menu showing the controls. It took me a long time to realize that in the description, say how to make a slide :L

Btw, a pause button would be great.

"Peass".

deathink responds:

Yeah I just fixed them controls, and it does say how to slide right in the begining tips, but I guess some people missed that. Thanks for your review :D

Cool idea making a game based on the Asslevania flash animation, but I don't think it was executed all that well. Sure, the graphics and backrounds look pretty cool and it has some well known Newgrounds users involved, but I don't think that's quite enough to do it justice. Controls are a main reason for this. The jumping is so awkward and reaching certain platforms is such a pain in the ass. I also think there needs to be a bit more of a life bar for Johnny Belmont. Screen transitions need to be polished a bit as well considering I died accidentally once becuase I was moving to the left in one screen and died because I walked into a trap in the next screen. Other than that, this is pretty cool.

Awesome idea, but didn't like it that much, even though I love Castlevania.

No mute button and a bug, when you walk through a door while attacking. What's the deal with leveling anyway, except for minor health?

Am I the only person experiencing this?

When I try to play the game, the input controls are all screwed up. My character just moves around like he has a mind of his own. I'm on IE, so that's probably part of it, but my Firefox won't connect to the internet lately.

Anyway, it looked fun, and the intro is funny, but when your character slides all over the damn place like he just found out baseball was invented or throws all of his crosses in the first five seconds, well that sort of sucks.

very hard to review this one, its decent but something seems off putting...

The ghosts tbh should not be invincible, horrible decision, you can get past that but then the game simply asks for far more precision then it should be, I'm ok with it having platforming but something seems sooo off about the jumping mechanic it seems like to get the most out of your jump you have to hold the button but the problem is as soon as you reach the maximum of the jump you immediately begin descent so you have to have some epic timing to get the max out of all 3 of your possible jumps.

Why can't you use the boomerangs on the final bosses boobs? That makes no sense, it deviates so hard from the norm I honestly couldn't figure out how to damage the final form because nothing happened when I threw the cross at her boobs... I'm complaining about throwing crosses not effecting Dracula's boobs again aren't I... geez thats what.... the third time this week?

overall its decent but could use a lot of polish