Reviews for "Wreck"

sound like cool fun game but keep getting error....i hope it is just mine.

Ok. The game looks AMAZINGLY good. I love the art style that went into this game.

Now, that being said, I do have some cons to point out. First of all, as suggest by someone else, the music is somewhat repetitive. I mean, I enjoyed the music (especially when you used Blue Scr33n for the boss fight), but there need to be more then a 1.49 minute loop. It gets very tedious when you've been on the same level for about 5 minutes. I would suggest having the creator of the music of the main menu and the first levels to add onto the tracks themselves.

Onto controls. At first, I loved the controls of the game, but after a while, I ended up frustrating myself. First, the character shouldn't slide when she's on the ground. There should be NO knockback whatsoever. Its one thing when the character gets hit and knocked back, but if she's firing her laser while on the ground, she shouldn't move at all. However, that being said, the game's controls are pretty decent. Just PLEASE fix the knockback issue while on the ground.

But other than those points, pretty ok game. :)

(p.s. You should probably add links to were these songs are available for purchase or download)

I feel like this, and all unity games for that matter, got a lot more hate than really deserved. The only problems I have with it are the pigs respawning a tad too fast and the knock back of the cannon when firing it forward. Other than that, not half bad.

So I'm going to start this by saying that I may be a little bit jaded since I'm on an opposing team, but here is my as objective as possible review. This game is very good looking, with every aspect of it looking nice and nothing grating or dissonant in the slightest, so good job on that front. The music was well made in that it sounded good to the ear, but it was just so so SO repetitive.

Now for gameplay...hmm... I felt that you were working for a No Time To Explain feeling to it, which only sort of worked, since it was four directions. Now, there's nothing wrong with that, and that mechanic holds up well. The primary issue here is the knockback. Seems like a small problem, but it's really big, when hitting something makes you fly back ten feet. This just makes the game beyond difficult to control. That was the problem with No Time To Explain and you actually fixed it in this as far as cannon physics go. You just happened to also destroy it by having the character fly backward a half mile if they touch a spike.

Bottom line: Iffy concept on a game with one major flaw that ruins a good looking game.

PS- I couldnt beat the boss, and it was a well done boss, it's just I havent found out how to get around that freaking eyeball attack....

Igmon responds:

Thanks for the feedback, really helpful. Playtest was practically limited...but yeah I agree, I'm going to tweak the knockback.

Great game, a tad short though. I loved how you referenced Gooby and it's a secret to everybody.
Gameplay and animations were rad, good job on making this!