Reviews for "Shadow Hunter - Extended"

When is the movie coming out?

deweydarklight responds:

Not for quite a while hehe, it's a long term project but rest assured, the goal is to make a feature length animated film, and I have been working on it a lot.

Outstanding. so much has already been said about this piece, so I won't be redundant. Simply put, you certainly know what you're doing (as a team or solo, however this was made)

deweydarklight responds:

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it very much.

This deserved much greater than a 1st place daily feature. Your artwork is unique and superb. the detail you put into motion guides the eyes. Although your fight sequence was well displayed artistically, I would recommend studying fighting mechanics as the motions seemed flawed for the reactions. outside of this in the sense of story progression there is no link as to how he relates to the whole. its as if the world is thrown into chaos and he is the catalyst... but the question is why. If you were to isolate his abilities to his surroundings it would make a nice case of a masochistic self induced psychic phenomenon. This would permit the religious undertone as a sense of atonement or self loathing. But the way you initially portrayed the priest is as if he were connected to the evil, first against the protagonist but then later as an aid. Having a more subtle approach would allow for a progression from psychosis to reality and allowing the reader to debate or make it a truth. I would very much like to see more, and I'm glad to see so much effort into your artwork ^_^

Amazing work. I definitely think this should become an actual movie. The style of the the artwork, the music, the tension, the storytelling. All perfect. Well done.

deweydarklight responds:

Thanks a lot! The goal is definitely to make this a full length animated film.

When I first came across this, I thought it was the first episode in the series. This only has 2383 views?! This should still be on the front page! Anyway, I absolutely loved this and thought it was one of the best submissions I've ever seen. It's wonderful how you manage to create so much anticipation. Everything is just so ambiguous.

It was amazing to look at this fantastic animation. You really get the feel for the insanity that the police officer is going through. It's stuff like this that makes me a huge fan of animation in general. I hope you eventually make the series, like the Fallen Angel guys did. In other words, I loved every second of it. Perfect voices, perfect music, everything!

deweydarklight responds:

Thank you very much! I've put a lot of working into making it happen, and I will continue to do so until I reach my goal of making it a full length feature.