Reviews for "Flixel-Tutorial #2"

I'm finished tutorial but I only have Chapter I-IV medals.

It really covers all the basics of a platformer, this set of a tutorial. Step by step. At a learnable pace, and with source code forever available in the dump too (well, as long as the game is). I can't seem to open the Skill menu at all in this one though, pressing S like a madman and nothing happens... though Chapters work fine? Well, even with unadjustable skill it was great, will definitely get back to these two if/whenever I do decide to make a serious platforming effort. Good learning.

-cd-

This tutorial series was great. It really opened my eyes to ac3 as well as the easy to use nature of Flixel and the Newgrounds API.

Because of you, I am one step closer to achieving my dream of making video games.

Although there were some spelling errors in this 2nd tutorial, I couldn't notice any in the 1st tutorial. (That's why it isn't perfect... Get rid of the spelling errors and it'll be 5 stars :) )

I've had some bugs with the code, but either Copying and Pasting the code or re-importing the materials worked out ok.

Thanks for making this.

Schulles responds:

Nice! I am glad you enjoyed it and it helped you. Please show me your games when they are done!

Maybe it's been a while since you last checked this comment section, But I wanted to say: Thank you. You put me in what I think is the right track of indie game developing. I've already published a game here in NG and I'm in progress of another one. I've used a lot what I learned with this 2 courses and I still think of them as the best flixel introduction courses I've found. They're simple enough, and great for begginners and experienced programmers alike. Once again, thank you.

Where can I download source code?