Reviews for "Motorjoust"

Scroll up and play. Thank the team later.

Blown away. I couldn't believe this game when I seen it. I really figured that Knights and Motorcycles was going to be a silly parody game, but I had to review this game because it was the most fun I've had playing an online game in a very long time. Gamers of any skill level can sit down and enjoy this.

First of all, the music was great. So vivid and minimalist for what appears to be an 8-bit soundtrack. It really brought me back. Every stage has it's own thing going on, and its like the characters are talking through the music.

Second, the graphics were killer. So simplistic, barely any frames yet so unique in the way they were portrayed.

The physics worked VERY well. I don't know how the coder pulled that off, but when you learn to balance with the arrow keys, the game gets really fun! I even did flips in mid air when I changed lanes after a jump. that was so cool!

In short, this was an excellent game. I really hope that we will see sequel of some sort in the future. 5/5!

WingDemon responds:

Glad you liked it man, yeah we got Frootza on board last minute and he pulled off some wicked tracks in a short amount of time, they were pretty diverse and sweet too so he deserves all the credit he can get, it was a big part of our game. Matt had exams for half of the Jam and made that physics engine in 2 days. The team was so great on such a short amount of time, it was amazing.

-Wingy

I'm happy you enjoyed the music Instabean!

-Frootza

Thanks a lot! It's nice when people appreciate the things the coder did ;) I did some pretty tricky things with the Box2D Physics engine, and it really turned out in the end

-Matt

The play button wouldn't load and my cock is huge. 10/10
(seriously though, this is damn good. also digging billy emsee's theme)

WingDemon responds:

Thanks man! Glad you liked it!

-Wingy

Great, and hilarious retro game. Good work, I really enjoy it.

WingDemon responds:

Thanks so much for playing! Glad you liked it!

-Wingy

You get a 5 for the Billymc reference alone. Otherwise it's pretty good spin on Excitebike.

WingDemon responds:

Haha we weren't sure anyone would get it, but knew those who did would love it! THanks for playing man!