Reviews for "Motorjoust"

This was a fun game, I liked the music and controls, reminded me of my N.E.S. days. I also liked the art. keep up the great work!

WingDemon responds:

Thanks man! Glad you liked it!

-Wingy

This game is really bad. The controls are awful, the music is okay, and the second half of the game is really hard. If you plan on remaking this game, don't rush. I'm sure it could be better.
Also...

"You can go fuck your own hypocritical ass with your shitty minecraft skins."
-Test
That was uncalled for. I would say more about this, but I review games, not insults. Hopefully, you can make a better game next time.

WingDemon responds:

actually what Test said wasn't uncalled for, if you actually read the review the guy clearly said that pixel art was for people that were lazy, though he was alot more hostile. Not only was that insulting towards Test who did the sprites and a majority of the games art, its an insult to most of the pixel artists in the world. Plus he was being a hypocritical ass since he did share pixel art minecraft skins on his NG profile. If you're going to say more about it, then think twice before doing so.

also, your statement about us rushing it, it was a Game Jam game, we had 2 weeks to make it. you try making a game in two weeks while taking the abuse of NG trolls 0 blamming the game and basically leaving POS reviews (not unlike yours) and having to pretend to be nice to them. Its hard on a person. So i highly doubt it was uncalled for.

And an absolute like "this game is really bad" beginning your review, which btw included no constructive criticism and poses an opinion differed on by a large group of people completely negates the authority in which you say 'I review games, not insults' because really it makes you sound like a preteen ass.

I've tried to be nice and respond to every review on this game in a positive way, but its hard having to deal with bullshit reviews like yours made from the perspective of an idiot that doesn't know shit about game development and thinks his review actually means something.

Anyway, i hope you're having a nice summer. Enjoy the rest of middle school chum. hope you don't get pushed off a cliff anytime soon.

-Wingy

I rather enjoyed it, and I'm exactly as bad at it as I am at Excitebike. So, I love the game, even though I'm horrible at it. The controls were tight, although I think I was shifting directions too fast sometimes and it seemed unresponsive, but after a few more runs, I got the hang of it. The physics are a bit different from Excitebike, but that's fine, as it was easy enough to get the hang of, and feels a bit more modern which is a good thing as it lowers the learning curve.

All in all, I don't think I'm ever going to complete this game 100%, but I'm certainly going to come back and play it a lot, because it's just so much fun. The best part is just watching the Knight bounce around after a miserable failure of a high-speed jump.

If I could play it with a gamepad, I'd probably love it even more.

4.5 stars because it's a great game, and only needs a very small amount of tightening in places. For example, make the "starting light sound" a bit more distinctive and/or louder.

That's all I got.

WingDemon responds:

Haha thanks for playing man! I suck at it too, still on the third level :( Glad you liked it though! Hopefully we'll beat it some day.

-Wingy

This is a good idea but overall not as fun as excitebike. Controls felt somehow awkward, i can't really describe it :P

WingDemon responds:

haha yeah we've been getting called out for that. rather than faking physics like the real Excitebike we went full modern and implemented Real Physics, so sometimes it feels awk for people used to playing flash games that react instantaneously.

I have had more fun with this than I have in a great while. Its going on my favorites.

WingDemon responds:

Thanks man! Glad you liked it!