Reviews for "Motorjoust"

Great Job! I remember playing Excitebike at a mates place when i was 10...man I'm old. You've managed to capture the feel and atmosphere of the game pretty well :) right down to the painfully hypnotic 8 bit NES soundtrack. Now i know why my parents always told me turn the damn thing down. Funny how these things never bother you when your a kid.

It'd definitely be great to see you guys polish this one up a bit. (i.e. edit the tracks so they run a little more smoothly and don't allow people to get stuck forcing them to reload the game lol) and maybe add a little more to the jousting aspect of the game :)

All in all, a great effort.

Now make it better! :D

Thanks man, will do!

-Wingy

Thumbs up for motorjoust......cool game by the way. i eagerly enjoy it!

Glad you liked it man!

-Wingy

great game the ending was very weird

WingDemon responds:

Well i guess its hard to explain the concept through the cutscene, but basically you were a female rider the whole time! (like the twist in Metroid!) only we took it to the next level by making the princess a girl too! (who would've thought?) So naturally the protagonist falls in love with the princess, the classic princess and knight trope. Also the player is black but that's irrelevant. Hope that makes things less confusing!

-Wingy

I feel like this game should have a higher score, it should be about 4.0 average. I don't know why people would rate any lower!

The controls are perfectly fitting for this game, the look and feel of it just reminds me what it's like to play a good game that doesn't need much to make it a good game, all in all it's simply perfect. And that's not to mention that the game this is based on is wonderful.

A deserving 4.5/5 for creating a good game in general.

WingDemon responds:

Yeah, we hoped for higher scores but we've come to realize its not for everyone tastes. Thanks for playing man!

This game brings back so many fond memories of Excitebike, along with some new thrills to boot!
I love the music and minimalist 8-bit graphics, and of course the silly story line.
The only thing I found a bit frustrating was the stiff controls when trying to move up and down to different planes.
Other than that, this game is rad, and I hope you make more tribute games paying homage to more of the oldies but goodies!

WingDemon responds:

Those controls! I know your pain, especially in the third level (which i'm currently stuck on) Glad you liked it!