Reviews for "Draculine Verde"

Great animation, great message. Loved it, mate!

I liked it very much, the voices were great as well as the animation. You should make more episodes of this if you haven't already started on it

While decently animated, the story and voice acting for Verde hurt the final product. Perhaps it was how minimalist and empty the script for her was, but there was no emotion behind the voice work aside from wistful pondering, and even the "No. No!" line sounded forced. The dad had a good bit of personality in his lines, but at the same time he actually had a script that was able to convey some character in it.

The problem with the story was that there wasn't one. Having a character ask vague questions before defying her dad in an arranged marriage feels like a pre-programmed checklist to create content for teenage girls. Heck, the only thing it was missing was her running into the arms of a different guy for it to be a Twilight knock-off, but I suppose the faux girl power represented by getting her reflection as she choose to rebel was just as meaninglessly cliche.

I understand that given the deadline you had I might be being a bit harsh, but honestly this could have been much better if you had taken the time to consider the theme you wished to convey more. Using the word play of reflecting on life and reflections was a starting point, but this piece of animation is empty of any more thought than that.

Great, but you could have done so much more with it.

Very good story and beautifully drawn! The only flaw I could think of is that the voice acting for the main character, the girl vampire, wasn't exactly crisp clean yet it was still clear it was just it seemed a little too close to the mic when the character was further away; but that's me being reeeeaaaally picky. Great work!