Reviews for "Just Rotate"

This game was a whole lot of fun! The music fits perfectly.

I really wanted to get to a high level on this, but the only problem I found is the biggest issue: Sometimes, the key sticks and keep going in a direction when you let off the key, thus causing you to run into something when it doesn't stop and keeps going. Without the right-click menu working, there was no way to lower the adjust the quality to see if that would help. Having optional mouse controls would help with that problem. Otherwise, it was great. :0

BobsBox responds:

Ah apologies on the right click front! It's a minigame from a much bigger project we are working on (which does have quality toggles in the options), this however has been overlooked here, thanks for the input! In terms of sticky controls as explained below I think the square moves too much with each key press, which may cuase problems and of course lag may get in the way as welll without an option to toggle quality, I hope we can satisfy all your gaming needs when the full project is released! Thanks for playing and reviewing!

-Bobsbox

Not bad, but the key controls are a little clunky. I'd enjoy it a lot more with mouse controls.

BobsBox responds:

Fair enough, In retrospect I think we may have made the square move a tad too much with each key press, thus causing 'clunkyness', mouse controls may fair better, thanks for the advice and the review!

-Bobsbox

A great time killer, only problem I can see is the sound track. with this kind of game, you'd need a peppy upbeat soundtrack. Kinda like Geometry Wars,

BobsBox responds:

Music is always a tricky thing to get right, as I have been reading through the reviews, some applaud the music, others say it should have been something else, I personally agree with you here that the music could use an uplifting beat to help stress the situation, it's only now that I can see it fully working in the game that you get a better idea of how it performs overall, I'm still going to stick with my original choice as I think it matches the style of "art", but if I had to choose again I would definitley up the tempo, thanks for playing and reviewing!

-Bobsbox

Not bad, though a tad bland. I thought it would be better if your square also had to rotate somehow instead of just moving along staight lines...would fit the theme better

BobsBox responds:

Yeah I can see how it would... Would deifnitley make the game more challenging if the object you're controlling is also rotating, as I say in the desc, this is a mini game from our current project so we may we be able to implement this into the final product, thank you for the contribution and also the review, glad you enjoyed it!

-Bobsbox

Within a few seconds of playing, I pressed one button then my character gets stuck moving in one direction. So, it is a normal avoider game, which is alright but the bug with my character constantly moving is game corruping. I also do not think it was worth waiting for the commercial. It is alright, but could use LOTS of improvment.

2 of 5.

BobsBox responds:

I think that may be a problem on your end as I haven't found anyone else experiencing this problem, if it persists feel free to get in touch and we can look into fixing any potential glitches! Thanks for the review.