Reviews for "Monsters Hill"

When I get a huge string of combos and a million achievements in one go, I don't really feel like I had a hand in it. When I finally lose, I don't know why it happened or what I could have done to prevent it.

Hints appear nearly instantly, and potions and other bonus items seem specifically designed to create combos without player input, by reducing the number of colours that might be separating groups of similar colours. These choices seem to indicate that the designers assumed we were weren't capable of playing a game of the complexity of Bejeweled, and everything needed to be done for us.

This isn't much of a game. It's just random. It's well put together, but not exactly fun in my book.

ok

I started this thing up and after two or three moves on the first level, BLAM! KABOOM! BAZOW! COMBOS! COMBOS AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE AND BEYOND! And then I cleared the level. This happened on numerous occasions. Even after I lost at about Level 9, I was still grinning like a loon.

This game is ridiculously fun right out of the gate and remains so as it gets more challenging. Bravo, sir or madam. Bravo.

3.5 Stars