Reviews for "JUGGERNAUT: Awakening"

I like the concept and the genre, but there are a number of things that bother me about this game.
The foremost flaw is the difficulty. At the beginning of the game, once you've depleted what little potions you could buy, you have little choice but to run in and out of the forest for healing by the signpost. None of the fights actually make you any significant amount of money, so that combat basically costs you, instead of earning you. What's more, combat is sort of boring, isn't it? You start off with exactly no special abilities, and three characters who have an identical move: hit something with a stick. I understand that the intention is for their powers to grow, but if that is the case it would be better if you could already buy a crystal for one of them, or if at least there was some kind of difference between their basic attacks, or if the smith actually sold weapons instead of just crystals. Another thing that bothers me is that when I went to the woods for the first time, I spent a load of potions to get to the guy by the cabin, and when I finally reach him it turns out he has nothing interesting to say and his cabin is locked??? That is sort of frustrating. The use of S & A instead of the mouse for example is sort of annoying, but acceptable, I guess. I love rpgs like this, and I can only hope that this gets turned into something better.

This game has a great deal of things wrong with it (at least in my opinion).

* The characters walk WAY too slowly. I know there's an item to speed up walking a bit, but it's so expensive that the player has to play for quite some time to earn enough money.
* The enemies do way too much damage, forcing the player to jump back to the signpost after pretty much every fight.
* Levels take way too long to get, and jumping back and forth from town to forest makes it take that much longer.
* Enemies that use status effects (such as the mushroom or the... bat? whatever that yellowish thing is) have their effects work literally every time. There should be a chance for them to fail.
* Status effects do not disappear outside of battle, or after any duration of time; as such, items are required (or yet another trip back to town). Since items are so expensive, this causes the player to make that many more trips back to town every time someone gets hit with any status effect.
* Battles don't give the player any money. How are we supposed to afford potions or resurrection items when we're not earning money?
* Battles are way too slow. Every battle seems more grueling than the last. Add to this the fact that none of the characters starts with anything other than "attack," and fighting gets to be a chore very quickly.
* Player hit accuracy is ATROCIOUS. Not only does it take two full rounds to kill even the weakest enemy, but my players miss 60% of the time, so we're in combat for that much longer and take that much more damage.
* There's no menu (unless there's some secret combination of buttons required to open it). It's impossible to use items outside of battle due to the lack of menu.
* The areas are designed with long stretches and dead ends, which gives the player more chance to encounter enemies, which will then cause him to head all the way back (likely fighting again) just to heal... it's a one step forward, two steps backward type of situation.

A bit of grinding in RPGs is understandable, but this game is a grindfest from the very beginning. It's not just a grindfest... it's a slow, boring grindfest. There are so many problems with this game, I feel I can't give it more than 1 star.

I thought cool, an RPG. i played til the very first fight i hit elements and it was stuck right there

fake pre-loader.

Enemies kill you in 2 hits in the second area. Mobs don't drop money for the stupidly expensive potions that you desperately need to get through each area. 1st boss kills your whole party in 3 hits.

This game is just bad.