Reviews for "JUGGERNAUT: Awakening"

Can't get the game to start. It finishes loading and says "Press S". Well I've pressed every S on the screen and nothing happens!

But in all seriousness, I can't get the game to start -_-. I've tried collapsing and reloading and nothing seems to fix it. Perhaps the problem stems from using a mac or Safari. Let me know if you find anything.

TheEnkian responds:

Hmm, have you tried clicking within the window? Flash can be a bit dodgy if you don't. Otherwise, I'm not sure what the problem could be. If clicking in the window doesn't work, message MSGhero. He's the programmer and I'm sure he'd be able to help you out better than I could.

Clunky and slow and moderately glitchy. Several times, due to glitching, characters ended up attacking themselves, or skipping their turn completely.
Also the signpost permanently says "Loading..." in place of the save button, so there's that.
The lack of any kind of interface out of combat, lack of gold earned compared to high price of items, steep exp to level, and long stretches of maze to explore make this more a grueling crawl.
There's a cool premise somewhere in here, but it's spoiled abit by the flaws.

This game could've been great. I assume it's based on Final Fantasy. Although I don't get the same feeling when I play it. Final Fantasy had just more flashy thingies.

I really hate this kind of combat system...

Like the guy below me, I noticed the second part on front page and I thought it would be nicer if I can finish the first one first. But boy I don't even know if I can even do that, thanks to the problems in the game.

As what people have said, this game is too slow, boring, and dull. First of all, the forest maps are too big and the characters moved too slow. To add, the enemies are too strong so that slows my progress even more. Characters missed too often, and all they can do is auto-attack. So boring and slow. The enemies takes like 3-4 hits to kill, and the enemy can just skill 3 times to kill my characters. How am I supposed to get to the end if I have to heal every 3-4 fights? Sure, I can just flee all of my battles, but really?

Then I thought, I need to grind a bit until they are stronger. Then, the second problem comes in. It is tedious. It is hard. They need so much to gain a level, it's not even funny considering I'm on the FIRST map, and I'm leveling my characters from LEVEL 1 to LEVEL 2 (yes, we started at level 6 but it means that lv 6 is practically lv 1). Then when I levelled up, I can only used my skills twice on each before they are out of mana. Perfect. Please dont make your players grind from the beginning. I didn't feel that I achieve anything, no items, no gold, nothing, so how can you expect me to grind on the first place? That's why many good RPGs instead force you to grind on the middle/late stage of the game, because they wanted to lay out the basics and foundation of the gameplay first.

All in all, this game needs some serious boosting in speed and difficulty decrease. It feels so boring and you don't feel any satisfaction from progressing, or even from getting stronger because those are unachievable. A hard RPG doesn't always mean that it is a grinding-intensive RPG.

So, if you are reading this, devs, please be kind to me and pm me the spoiler/summary on what happened in this chapter so I can move on with the second game.

TheEnkian responds:

Yeah, I entirely agree. Many design mistakes were made and I admit that it's on me. Writing you a PM with the plot details straight after sending this.