Reviews for "JUGGERNAUT: Awakening"

A better control system would be nice. Using the mouse and arrow keys alone in this would be much simpler and effective. I don't think there was much wrong with the gameplay at all, but a little bit more guidance would help. And yes, the monsters are still too difficult. It's nice to start out with three characters in an RPG, but when you're constantly up against 2-3 monsters that take 4 hits each, the game becomes tedious.

TheEnkian responds:

Using the mouse was something that was suggested by the programmer way back and to be honest, I wish I'd listened. It would have been a good call.

I am unable to load my latest save. I can load my first save though. This game has potential but there are too many issues, which were already pointed out by the others.

TheEnkian responds:

I'm not sure what the cause for that is to be honest, sorry. We've got a few reports of save files not being properly loadable.

Okay, let me begin by saying I'm a huge fan of old-school JRPGs, like, SNES-era. I also actually ENJOY grinding.
The biggest thing that stuck out for me when I played this was the unbalanced experience rate. I realize that a lot of older RPGs have really steep experience requirements level-to-level, but I found the rate to be a bit too lacking. Faster animations in battle instances would speed this along greatly if, for whatever reason, you would prefer not to make the rate of experience gain more favorable.
Secondly, I noticed there is no monetary reward from random encounters. I realize that the player is most likely expected to sell drops at the shops for money instead, but a good idea would be to maybe add money drops along with those items and introduce a crafting system to use the items for, or maybe even just make all those seemingly pointless NPCs into quest NPCs that offer items or money in exchange for a certain number of dropped items.
Secondly, at the beginning of the grindfest, it seems like my characters can only go a few encounters until they need to recharge at the signpost or use precious potions/other supplies. A LITTLE more defense or HP would help alleviate that aggravation. Hell, even if you gave ONE character a weak healing skill right off the bat, it would help. It's always been a pet peeve of mine to have to go to an inn or recharge somewhere without having used any MP on any character, especially it constantly interrupts the grinding.
I can't really rate the music, because I play without sound.
I know this has already been said, but one of the key elements of an RPG is definitely eye candy. If you're trying to tell a story and it's not text-based, you need something a little more flashy than what I've seen in this so far.

All in all, a LOT of work is needed, but I'm sure all of this has been said in one form or another. I'm sure you'll be able to balance things out better in future releases. I'll give it 3/5 since it's a damn sight better than I could probably do anyway.

TheEnkian responds:

Something that I recommend if you look at the game again with the sound on, because it really adds to the experience.

A lot of the issues we're aware of at this point and I hope that next time around the only real issue is "I can't stop playing!"

why will not the enemies drop any gold/money? getting money only by doing side-quest is redundant, side-quest should give you rare items or weapons or armor as a reward...

would be helpful to get the feather at the begining because they walk as slow as a sloth! kids should be able to run!

they need too much exp to gain a level up at the begining of the game.

the smith does not sell any weapons (they should be able to buy at least daggers or so) and some protective armor like leather armor for the begining would be nice too.

TheEnkian responds:

It wouldn't be too responsible giving kids knives, would it? The sticks they use are meant to be makeshift weapons whereas Aura can use slightly tougher weapons.

Next game will probably have more valuable drops, but enemies won't drop money at any point unless they're humans themselves. I'm thinking that there'll maybe be treasure chests around in JUGGERNAUT II with money or healing items so you can stock up easier.

I have been trying to get my game to Load, but I have yet to be able to make a successful load. Not sure if this game isn't comparable with Google Chrome.

TheEnkian responds:

I don't think that Chrome is the issue as I use it too. It just seems to be a bug that occurs for some people for an unknown reason. Very sorry about that!