I was interested in this game because I saw the second part on the front page. I did now expect a perfectly polished game, however I also expected a lot more.
The biggest problem the game had for me was the gameplay. It feels very slow and boring and most aspects in the game underline this issue.
- First of all I could not distinguish the main characters very well. They were all wearing boring brown clothes with a bit different hair. They all hitted with a stick and their magic spells were just different colours for the same bolt.
- The fights looked static, the characters as well as the enemies barely moved and the whole fighting area had nothing interesting to look at.
- The levels were empty as well as the town. The trees all looked the same and there were far to long pathes through them. It felt as if the game was streched out for no real purpose. Why exactly were all the doors in the houses locked? Of course in real life no one has the doors to their bedrooms opend, however in my opinion it's always nice to find a small treasure if you explore every corner of a town.
- Leveling up was tedious, enemies doged often and most of the time they did not even drop something useful.
- Items were far to expensive and not really that useful. And collecting money is a real pain, do you honestly expect someone to collect 20.000 for the medal?
And then, when I thought I had reached something in this game I tried to reload, however it lead me to a white screen and I realised I had wasted a hour of my life.
I would have liked to find the two hidden extras I could see in the medals however I am not willing to play through this a second time, sorry.
I can give you some points for the graphics and the music. The story was a
the most positive aspect of this game as well. When I went through the menus I did also find the first signs of potential for future episodes in this series. I could see that you have planned a lot more for later parts, however I do have to rate this part on it's own.
I am however looking forward to play the second part, as it looks very promising.
I would vote 2/5 and 6/10 as you put work into it, the story seemed somewhat interesting and I could see some potential, however the save bug honestly annoyed me. 2/5 5/10.