Reviews for "Insecto-smash"

This game is intense! It provides a very simple goal for the player: to score as many points within 60+ seconds. What could be better than making a game about swatting flying pests?

There are many factors in this game which get my adrenaline running quickly, such as extending the time limit by 5 seconds every 2,000 points and getting helpful temporary powerups from random killstreaks. These bonuses motivate me to play harder and stretch out a single game as long as possible.

The overall gameplay was short and satisfying. It's a simple arcade-style game that requires pure skill, not repetitive, time-consuming tasks (i.e. experience or money farming) to upgrade the player's performance. I'm not sure if I'm exaggerating, but this is the most genuine fun I've had on Newgrounds for quite some time. The fast-paced action literally raised my heart rate temporarily. I guess you could say this game helps people exercise.

This game could use a few additional features, such as a high score table and possibly a rare insect that gives you a multiplier bonus, say, a giant hornet for example. In real life, they have very strong armor which is described as impenetrable, so they should require multiple hits to squash. This might also make it easier to acquire some of the more difficult medals.

Newgrounds needs more games like this, and you've proved you have the power to give Newgrounds those necessary games.

RockLou responds:

Wow this might be the most in-depth review I've ever gotten. I really appreciate what you said here. My friends have really embraced this game and think it's very addictive and fun. I'm really glad that you felt the same.
Bees and wasps already take more than one hit, although a giant hornet does sound interesting as another insect.
I mentioned in the description that this was made for a website. It will have a highscore list there. I simply removed all that for this version.
Thank you for the warm review! Newgrounds needs more reviewers like you!

Very very original!

RockLou responds:

Really? I have to disagree with you, but thank you. :P

SUCH DUMB GAME,i lied the game were awsome

RockLou responds:

WHAT A DUMB REVIEW. jk, you're awesome.

glad you made this game.
teach that bugs a lesson
nice job
Food123

RockLou responds:

Sometimes bugs need a good spankin'.

Can you add to game upgrade system, shop, cash, leaderboard, more achievements and some secrets? Im know its not easy to made its just idea. My high 29565 on Normal smashed 404 insects.
5 STARS!

RockLou responds:

You got some really good ideas. I will take them into consideration.