Reviews for "Zin"

Well, it wasn't anything new, and it wasn't terribly hard either. I beat it on my first try. I do like the idea behind it, so this is a fairly good prototype.

henrykun responds:

Thank you for playing it!. It's not so hard, maybe for a full version I would like to add more challenging stuff and new levels, I appreciate your comments!

Fun game to kill time. Had a great time playing this game.

henrykun responds:

Thank you for playing :), I appreciate your comment.

I really like the idea. I think it could be improved by slowing the green squares down drastically, and then speeding them up as time passes in-game.

henrykun responds:

Thank you! I'll take your advice into consideration for the complete version of the game :).

Music is nice and the game is simple, but I don't really understand the win condition. I didn't collect all the goals, and near the end I was just getting pummeled to death honestly.

Then it said I won.

Also, not sure how anything besides the music has anything to do with Zen. I don't think it's a good enough reason to claim connection to a large philosophical principle. Overall decent. Not too special or innovative, but well executed.

henrykun responds:

Thank you very much for you comment. The game was inspired by Zen using the "minimalism" philosophy, or at least what I understood about it: live in a minimalist way. My idea with the little creature was to simulate that you have to eat to live but not too much because if you do it it would be easy to get hit by the green squares, which are not good for you. The same situation occurs with the small goals that you achieve (darker green squares), you really don't need them to win but they are good because give you points (they represent greed), if you try to get all of them it's easier to get hit as well. In the end, there is only one space to be saved from the squares, if you stay small the probability to be saved is higher than being saved if you are large, That's what I tried to do, maybe I had to polish the idea a little bit, Thank you again :).