Reviews for "RUNNERIST"

This game was far too addictive for how frustrating it is.... But I FINALLY got into the top 20 of all time, so I can quit. I don't expect to stay there long by any means, but I got there once, so I'm happy.

Despite what these others have said... I say five stars!
fixed jump height, width? I say it only makes the challenge ever greater! Sure it may have simply been time and challenge constraints, but regardless, I see them as creating a difficult game, while keeping the absolute minimum depth.
This is an arcade style game. It allows us to get a grasp of the mechanics, and then to reduce boredom, it does whatever it can to kill us. With the short reload times, it definitely had restarts in it's development thoughts; speed IS a point of this game, after all.
Music is heavy on the nostalgia (again, this may simply be due to time and challenge constraints), but it ties in well with the arcade-style difficulty curve and overall feel.
Flipping the screen after a certain amount of time is a great idea, as it challenges again, but is not near impossible. With the right amount of skill, it is simply another hurdle to jump (pun intended).
Challenge divided by depth is the real way to measure the greatness of this game, and this game definitely keeps with the LD26 theme of minimalism, while offering an intensely gratifying game.
5 stars.

I enjoyed the game, maybe try making it with the mouse button

Good running game!)

It's really addicting. But would you mind putting something that can mute the music or either pause button for it?

bumblebirds responds:

Sorry about that, I understand it's a little frustrating. I didn't add those features in the first place simply because we ran out of time. I really was coding right down to the deadline. I'll consider adding them in the future, but there's a lot on my plate with other projects at the moment. I'm sure you understand.

For now, if you're running Windows 7 or above you could always use the Volume Mixer to mute only your browser. I know this isn't a perfect solution, I don't even know that you're running Windows, but I hope it helps anyway.