Reviews for "Potato The Destroyer"

Cool game, a bit tough though :(. Will rate it on LD now :D.

I like the general idea but I agree with some of the other reviews when they say it can be frustrating. I liked it but I got bored after a while.

Fairly hard on the normal difficulty, and way too easy on the simpler one. I don't have any glaring specific gripes aside from the difficulty and the repetitiveness of the music. Controls could have been slightly looser, but it is what it is.

Kcori responds:

Difficulty balancing has to be the biggest game design problem I've ever encountered. I watched this one guy play my game and he was absolutely horrible at it and couldn't get past the first area, so Chill Mode was based on that. I've also seen and heard from people who got through Normal mode without too much frustration. So I'm in this state where I want to please people of all skill levels but I haven't quite figured out how yet. I could add another difficulty level but that may just complicate things more; like, how would you know which one to select?

Thanks for your feedback.

I appreciated the effort you put into the game; it created a nostalgic reflection on my childhood game play and truly fulfilled your objective of making it challenging. I recommend easing up on the challenge though, since the frequency enemies fire their bullets and the monolithic size of the boss potato's health can be too frustrating at times. I hope this input helps.

Kcori responds:

I only got to watch one person play the game, and he did pretty well at it. But difficulty is something I really need to work on. I've been considering adding optional ways to make my games easier, but I didn't have time to implement them in time for the competition deadline. I appreciate the feedback though and I'll certainly work on making my stuff less frustrating.

NÃO CONSIGO PASSAR DA SEGUNDA FASE!!!!