Reviews for "QUEST SPACE"

This is a masterpiece. It is truly the most minimalistic game I have ever played. Hats off to you, good sir.

VictorGrunn responds:

I can get the whiff of sarcasm on that one, but hey, I'll take it! Thanks for playing.

NO SKILL ONLY.

VictorGrunn responds:

Well, yeah. Literally. You're correct.

There's nothing to this game in terms of skill or even choice. You press space over and over and the random numbers do what they do. The graphics are horrible (though in a weird way I'm proud of them), the story non-existent. But! It was fun to make. And the base code of the game is grand, to me anyway. I'm proud to have made that - but you can't see that part (unless you hit ludum dare, I guess.)

Still, thanks for the feedback. I know you were going for a 'lol shit game!' kind of thing here, but you played it and you responded, and honest to God, there's more than I expected out of anyone. Thanks for your efforts in voting on new Newgrounds games. :)

Really not my cup of tea. Basically it's just press the space bar. There's very little interaction for the user themselves, especially since one could just tape the space key on their keyboard down and go out for lunch and come back as if they never left.

>.o I admit it's painfully simple in concept, but it reminds me far too much of the Kill Monster game in which you just sit there mindlessly clicking on the same thing.

VictorGrunn responds:

Yeah, pretty much exactly that. Most of the stuff that's actually interesting (to me, anyway) is in the code portion itself. There is literally nothing else to it beyond space bar pressing.

I already have the code together to add depth to the game, but for the 48 hour compo I figured, what's more minimalist than a game like ProgressQuest, etc? So, there you have it.

Thanks for playing and for your apt observations. I don't begrudge the low score - everything you said about the game is true!

" I look forward to expanding the hell out of this."

Don't.

VictorGrunn responds:

Nah, I'm going to. It needs vastly better everything - graphics, text, layout, and sound - but underlying concept? It's damn solid.

Thanks for the input all the same, even if I'm ignoring it!