Reviews for "Mona Lisa's"

This Game Is Fucking Impossible !!

Yeah, you really need to work on the difficulty. I figured you just hadn't tweaked the challenge right, but when I got to the space invaders section, right on schedule, at level 8 it went from almost tediously easy to suddenly ridiculous. That 'too fast to hit' thing that happened in the original game with the last alien happened with the last *eight* aliens. Old fashioned arcade games were hard, but they generally eased up their difficulty at a steady rate, they didn't lull you into a false sense of security, then mug you for all the quarters you had left.

I appreciate the callbacks you did. I like, for example, that you coloured the invaders screen as though there were three different cel tints on a black-and-white screen, so your shot changed colour as it sped up the screen. That, sir, is an old-school reference.

But I think you should consider that a flash game is usually one well-developed mechanic. With three mini-games (I never got to the third one, but you describe three), you've essentially made three flash games one third the quality of one you could have potentially made. Focus on one thing, and you'll end up with a better experience. Tune the game so it's actually fun, instead of throwing in random-ass poison gas until it's sufficiently difficult at a predetermined stage.

I was a tad worried when there were only secret medals. Luckily, it was pretty easy to find them. I do have a lot of problems with this game. First of all, how are you supposed to jump on a slime once you've weakened it? I can't jump up that high! I must have missed something in the instructions. It actually has decent gameplay, though.

I think the best part is how good the graphics are. You get a lot of space to jump around. But again, I don't know how to play this thing well. A more experienced person will like it more. Then again, I have over three thousand game reviews, boy does that make me feel bad.

A decent spin on the classic Mario Bros. game

Actually it kinda felt a bit more challenging then the original to. Still I think the ideas of havig power ups were a nice little thing to have. Only got up to level 7 but I assume the backgrounds dont chage. I think that's one thing that could have been improved

Other then that I like!

Anyone else notice that the intro 8-bit music was "calm like a bomb" by RATM? great music choice.

Schulles responds:

I am so glad someone noticed! Great man! Simply great! :) You deserve an extra medal! ;)