Reviews for "Lisa Killed Off Simpsons"

I like Lisa.

In a previous review (Which was terrible and pretentious has shit) I already said I don't like humor (Except for a few exceptions) and this video don't break the rule : Joke about drugs, lots of crazy faces and I can't see why a cartoon with Homer yelling all the time could be the only reason for having a laugh. The only thing that make me smile his the little joke at the very beginning. But yes, I think you already know your jokes don't make me laugh who cares.

The thing which I don't agreeing with is the message of this short. The Simpsons isn't bad because of Lisa, ok the episodes with her are terrible but let's face it, EVERY episodes are terrible. It's not only because of Lisa, it's just because it's bad written, it's boring because they have dumb ideas ("Let's have a christmas episode with Katy Perry" "And what about the opening replace by a song by Ke$ha ?" "Maybe we can have the kids from Glee for a cameo"). Maybe you did this short because you think Lisa is the problem but that not my point of view.

+2 for some good drawings
-1 for the lack of payoff in the death. You're more suited for layout than animation, perhaps.
-2 for that goddamned egoraptor style of voice acting.

Buddhism and Vegetarianism episodes on Lisa were cool. Lisa as her own character is good, it's good to have her be the brainy... 8 year old that can still be tempted by some of the consumistic and spoiled princess crap (like ponies and stacy malibu).

That kind of episodes ARE NOT what killed the Simpsons. What killed the Simpsons is trying to build substitutes to classic episodes some of which swapped Bart with Lisa (Bart was once Krusty's helper now Lisa is) and some of which try to retcon some of the mythos (and coming off as crap for moving the would be Simpson timeline out of the 90's base where they worked so well) like Be Sharps vs Sadgasm. And I know someone will answer: there's no Simpsons canon/continuity. WRONG! There's a shitton of episodes that confirm things like Homer and Marge getting married at Shotgun Pete's Chapel her being pregnant, as an example.

The Simpsons, out of the 90's(-ish) and the 90's past (watergate past, hippie past) don't seem to find meaningful cultural movements or problematics to treat. They've even had identity crises when the producers didn't know if it was a cartoon for children or for adults while it's supposed to be none and both, a cartoon that can be acid without being offensive or aggressive and one that helps building critical thinking minds.

Even when they contract total nerds as writers and they treat us to some references to current geek culture it all comes off as flat, uninteresting and overall not Simpsons-like.

I've barely watched the Simpsons in years but that's more due to generally crummy writing and patchy, contrived plots rather than Lisa's character in particular so this video just kind of confused me, really. The animation was fairly standard too, typical over-the-top Newgrounds parody style. Overall, meh.