Reviews for "The Guardian"

why? just why? :C I'm depressed now.
The only reason I'm not diving this 5 stars is because it's a sad story.

i liked this game, very unusual but a good story line....

Art:
In my opinion, the art is aesthetically pleasing and does a good job of conveying the ambience of the story. It was also a nice experience to play a pixel game, without being blinded with bright neon-colours, or the classic 'black and white.'

Music:
Like the art, I thought that it suited the story very well, and there were enough variations to avoid it becoming annoying or repetitive.

Gameplay:
I did really not enjoy the gameplay, due to two reasons: The character is barely one pixel, making the control of him very frustating (despite the fluid movement) and hard to find when you do not know where to look or what to look after, and the overall gameplay was so repetitive that I considered to stop playing.

Story:
Well, the overall story was simple but good. The alienation, prejudice and fear of the unknown/unfamiliar is always a relevant and interesting subject. However, I failed to see the relevance of the main character's name. Also I found the lines between the "scenes" to vary in serioussness. In the beginning I thought them to be... meek? Or a bit self-conscious, as if you tried to back down from your story. But it became much better as the story progressed.

Rating: 3
If the gameplay had been more varied (instead of 'walk from point A to point B' on the same terrain) and the main-character a bit more detailed, then I would have rated this game 1, or 2, stars more. I apologise if any of this sounded harsh, but this is just my personal opinion of the game. Keep up the good work.

(spoilers)

I CANNOT DESCRIBE THE ABSOLUTE DISTRESS I AM FEELING RIGHT NOW.

jumping around these little edges and falling ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THE WAY DOWN.

WHY WOULD YOU ADD THAT TO THE GAME!?!?? i AM SOOOOOO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just because im upset, some admin will probably delete this comment right? just because its the way i feel!?!?!?

THIS LITTLE BOUNCING DOT IS THE CHARACTER, fighting these EXTREMELY ANNOYING LITTLE JUMPS!!!!!!

i can't imaging what this poor kid is going through flying around corners!

he must have super powers! cool good for him.

*sigh*

another thing, EVERY SINGLE TIME THERE ARE SOME WORDS, YOU GET SENT ALLLLL THE WAY BACK TO TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN YOU HAVE TO MAKE ALL THESE JUMPS ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

i notice the terrain changing, somehow easier, somehow harder as well.

aww this poor bird died.

reminds me of shadow of the colossus.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I HAVE TO GET MORE FOOD!!!!!!!!

MORE SEVERELY ANNOYING JUMPS!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

THAT BIG TREE IS REALLY HARD TO CLIMB.

very interesting game so far.

OH wow well thanks for that extremely close spawn to the colossus.

hmm.

i guess the game has a moral, everyone is really stupid and assumes things too fast because the world we live in is so dangerous that its hard to trust eachother. because of this mistrust and alot of other crazy things that add to this, we kind of manifest our own destiny, expecting to be crushed, and therefor crushed. expecting the worst and getting it. one might say that we should just be positive, and expect the best from everything, but it can not be in a world where there are still those that intentionally cause the worst. if we lived in a world where everything could be ok, problems like this wouldn't exist. maybe we have to become better and smarter than this, so we can evolve to a higher sense of perception and understanding, effectively eliminating 99% of all problems.

i don't want to say "i don't know why" because i do know why, i am on the boy's side. it is very sad that those misunderstanding people crushed themselves by persisting to be threats when they didn't need to be.

story of my life. people causing problems and turning me into the bad guy every step of the way.

ok continuing the game. hmmmm. those stupid people "kill the beast" ???? THEY DIDN'T EVEN GIVE THE GIANT A CHANCE. THESE STUPID GRRR STUPID PEOPLE GAHHHHHh

i feel like i want to forgive them for being so misunderstanding and stupid. its sad because so many people in real life are like that, and you can't change their minds. its so frustrating.

no.... THEY KILLED THE BOY!?!?!?!?!!?!? WHY!?!?!/ MPOT&**************** NOOOOOOOO WHY

THATS IT.

SUPER WRATH INCOMING (IM CRYING RIGHT NOW)

ok so smashing the villagers didn't even make me feel better. what if i had walked right past them, would they have learned their mistake then?

i can't play this game all over again, i wont. so i don't know what happens when you leave them alone even after they kill the boy.

someone please tell me.

i am very sad and regretful.

i was the boy. i was the guardian, i am both. i couldn't save myself from getting killed, or stop myself from killing the killers.

why did you make this game. to force me to experience this?

what do i win.

what is my reward.

I think its funny how they were gonna kill me (The giant) for being a monster. and so of course i squished them. Proving them right. i guess i really am a monster. but hey, i still get the last laugh, cause there all dead. dead under a pile of rubble. great game.