Reviews for "Eisydian Saga"

Nice game. :)

mechanics are stunning, fluid and intuitive. that's pretty rare :)

A scrolling shooter with magic power-ups you say? That is also playable? very good Aesica, even if the prologue was a bit heavy handed about Christianity ;)

great vertical shooter, especially being your first game. always dig when there's an RPG/upgrade aspect to it too. art could be improved, but not really that big a deal either.

anyone have any specific tips for getting through Impossible, Survival, and Ultimate Showdown? I'm looking at you too, Aesica Studios

Aesica responds:

Thanks. :D As for getting through those levels (especially on the Impossible difficulty) you just need fast (and precise) reflexes. Since survival and showdown can be completed on any difficulty for their respective achievements, I highly suggest switching to normal difficulty to complete them. Lastly, a general tip: When you get hit and your shields are activated, bull-rush the boss. Even though blade shield isn't as powerful against bosses as it is against normal enemies, it's still extra damage. You can also use shield time to clear away annoying crap, such as those giant spinning stars. Just watch the shield bar if you choose to do either of these things.

Now, the gameplay is really good, I like it alot (despite no restart before bosses) but...

I hate to say this but I really do not get along with the character graphics and story. The main character, despite never smiling, is always shown smiling and looking a bit like a fashion doll. I don't have a problem with graphics being "girly" but their appearence should suit their character.

And then the story: looking pasty the heavyhanded slap against religion (not a fan, but it still feels a little meh) it seems very preachy and generic with the "one missunderstood gothchick and her evil family, which tries to destroy nature". Or maybe that's just because I haven't reached the end yet. We'll see.