Reviews for "Barbarium"

An Amazing game just need to fix certain things :3

Hypnohustler responds:

Thanks, though it definitely has its problems. Still proud of it! :D

very good game, although it ain't my style, it was really fun

Hypnohustler responds:

Thanks, glad you still liked it :)

I got bored really fast.I played for a while,and just reached a point where I couldn't play anymore. The technical side is great (art,control,sfx etc) the game itself was just boring for me.Maybe I expect too much from games. What i'm trying to say,maybe next time try making something more "fresh" (hopefully you're more or less getting what i'm trying to say) And don't get me wrong,I sit here and squirt jealousy all over the place because I wish I could turn my ideas into games. I'm giving you 4 stars because you don't deserve to get less just because I found the game boring,you did a great job and put a lot of time into it. Good luck in the future!

Hypnohustler responds:

I understand that browser games are usually supposed to satisfy a much shorter attention span, and this game is not suited for that. My next game is already underway and is a complete opposite of this game, gameplay wise. Hopefully it will suit you better! Thanks for the indepth review and the stars :)

as far as i got in the game, its to be pretty good game.
too bad i will not start over again because saving does not work for me

Hypnohustler responds:

Have you enabled data saving in your browser settings?

A pretty solid effort. The jumping controls were a bit too floaty for my taste but the controls were solid otherwise. Customizable controls would have been very good here as well. I really like the setting, and the classic pixel style combined with the music totally gave that awesome 80s-post-apocalypse-B-movie vibe. Another great touch I have always personally appreciated in games is that you didn't get lazy and simply mirror the character when facing the other direction; you drew the weapons in the correct hands and that earns bonus points for me.

Looking forward to seeing what the future holds for you.

Hypnohustler responds:

Thanks! I'm so glad you noticed that I didn't mirror the player. This is something I take great pride in. :) I'm sure you'll like my next game!