Reviews for "Barbarium"

Something's damn buggy with the checkpoints and collected goods, especially when the game randomly freezes up the plugin (and thus the browser). Great game otherwise.

Hypnohustler responds:

Sad to hear that happening to you. Thanks for the review :)

Great game, it was very well-made and fun to play without being overbearingly repetitive

However, when i left the game and returned to continue,
All the scrap metal and treasures had reset.

Is this a bug? or was it intended? I could potentially collect an infinite amount of metal.

Hypnohustler responds:

It is a bug that I decided to leave in it. Every good game has to have some glitches that can be exploited :)

The whole "you can slash the barrels" thing is not incredibly intuitive, and would have saved me a LOT of trouble overall.
I'm saddened and frustrated, as I was doing quite well, only to lose all of my progress after the game froze. Now I'm on a completely different save, with about 1/7 of the score I had, and all of my items are gone. WTF?
I may come back to this another time, but right now, I'm feeling pretty burned.

Hypnohustler responds:

I feel you. Flash player doesn't seem to like my game all the time.

Cant beat the first boss... maybe tone it down just a little? Other than that, its a great game.

Hypnohustler responds:

It can be a challenge, but it is certainly not impossible when you learn its patterns.

I think there's hardly anything to complain; graphics, sound, game-play; all perfect. Kudos!
Probably only the issue with having to choose between two kinds of fixed game controls.

Although some parts were extremely difficult; e.g. the one were the coldness showed the way was really frustrating.

I found a few [non serious] glitches (I think): Once I burned a soldier and suddenly a nearby larvae started to behave like a burning enemy (jumping around from left to right). In a lot of rooms I was able to walk on the ceiling. Then there was this strange bird boss bug, where the bird attacked me first, I left the room and when I returned the boss was stuck (and I was unable to proceed as I could neither kill him). Then there was this bad-ass room (the one which required about 13000 points and you had to jump over the birds: when you leave on the top exit it took me back to the start screen. A few times I was able to do slight wall-jumping (but it took a lot of time).

Parts of the game reminded me of QuackShot (especially "abusing" the birds with the new weapon).

Just two questions:
1) Is there any real secret to find where "the wall on the right seems hollow"? I tried to stack two barrels on each other as I thought there could be possibly a second wall to break (one tile above the ground) but never succeeded.
2) Do you happen to have a Flattr or Paypal account? I consider myself a pirate, but always would like to honor creators of art that I appreciate so much :-)

Hypnohustler responds:

I'll be sure to check in to those bugs, thanks for taking your time to report them. :)
1) There is a breakable wall there, you should be able to use barrels and find couple beers inside.
2) HypnohustlerGames (at) gmail.com is my paypal account. All donations go directly to my sons candy budget. :)