Reviews for "Barbarium"

Eh, I guess you did okay, I mean, you picked something unusual as a theme.

However, the music is crap, the characters look like a mish-mash of many other video-game and action-adventure movie cliches and the controls are nothing novel.

Not many glitches which I could find, which is a really good point, plus it runs smoothly, so another good point.

Things animate and move very clearly- another good point, but as a whole? It's nothing too new or interesting, but I'll still give you a three just for effort-plus platformers are awesome.

Thank you, keep up the good work!

:D

Hypnohustler responds:

Glad you were honest :) Thanks.

very good all things considered

thanks

I think this game needs either a walkthrough or a map function. Maybe something to let the player know where to go next.

I say this because I've got to fight the Bird and the Tyrant next, but I have no idea where to go from here.

Other than that, I really like the game. :)

Hypnohustler responds:

Glad you liked it, I'll be sure to add those things to a sequel if I get around making one!

It was really tedious, and never really captivated my interest even though I liked the effort, music and art... I just feel like I've played hundreds of games just like this one before.

Hypnohustler responds:

Too bad you did not like it. Thanks for the review! :)

Whenever I play this game.

For some reason whenever I play Barbarium and even think about this game, it almost feels like I'm playing a Post-Apocalyptic version of Beowulf with a number of differences.

If this game ever came out in the late 1980s if not the early 1990s I can say for certain it will gain quite a cult following if it was ever released around one of those time periods, further more it may even have a film movie version where Barbarians where on the rise in an attempt to rule the wastelands in a post-apocalyptic era.

Awesome game man, I encourage you to do more of these in the near future if ever willing.

Hypnohustler responds:

Thanks, I'm hoping to do a sequel someday :)