Reviews for "Avant-Garde"

I chose to be a musiian, but it seems, you cannot be one at the time. Me sad...

Very good for an alpha and nice idea! although I wish I could see my paintings :(. btw if you try this on safari you a get blurry screen of "Paris Street, Rainy Day". to people with this problem, try a different browser!!!!

For an Alpha, this is an amazing game.
Original idea, yet based on popular game mechanics.

Le Derp became a great painter, then painted historical paintings from events that happened the year he was living in.

Ironically, the game ended for me with WWI in 1914 with an unfinished oil on wall painting named "Progress" inspired by the opening of the New York Grand Central Terminal in 1913.

I really enjoy this game. What song plays in the game?

It's a great alpha version. My only complaint is that, at least from what I experienced, custom styles never seemed to be accepted to the salon. I had masterpieces in several custom styles rejected from even basic entry into competition. I don't know, maybe it was just me, maybe it was just the particular style aspects I chose, but the only styles accepted were the preset styles. Even then it seemed that the only style accepted year after year was Realism, but that could have just been because it was one of the few preset styles that my character was good at. Anyways, it's a solid effort for an alpha release, and I give it 3.5 of 5. I do hope to see the beta and full versions when they come.