Reviews for "Portal to Infinity"

Pretty nice. I like how it sounds. It sounds like a somewhat more retro adventure. But not so retro that it can't include realistic instruments.

DanJohansen responds:

Glad you enjoyed it, yeah, a hybrid in terms of instrumentation, I like to go outside the box. Thanks!

I swear to god, if I could animate or draw even a bit, I would create the story that's playing in my mind as I hear this. Lovely.

DanJohansen responds:

That would have been an interesting thing to see for sure! Maybe one day you'll be able to if it's what you are going for, thanks for listening!

Do you have the ID? I'd love to use it in my geometry dash level!! Brilliant! lev the different layers. Of melodies and the depth.

DanJohansen responds:

Sure thing, have fun man.. I think the ID is the number of the submission, which would be:

Thanks for the compliments!

I love this! it`s got a very homestuck feeling to it.

DanJohansen responds:

Glad you do! thanks for stopping by :)

I love this song, the way its written with the awesome rhythm and beat, the way the melodies dance around each other and also all the sounds you used.

Although... I find it so frustrating... You're a great composer with interesting and unusual ideas but sometimes I wish I could grab your song, rip it apart and redo the mix to really make it realise its full potential as a song.

Improvements:
Tame your reverb. Less reverb will make it have a lot more presence and if done well, your song will be even more "hypnotizing" since you'll feel like you're inside the sound.
You might want to use a different synth sound. I hate the word but that one is a bit cheap sounding, have you tried using synths from Native Instruments? They come with tons of premade sounds and most are awesome, or you could get yourself Omnisphere. I don't have that one but most people love it.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, I want your songs to be the full package that they merit being.

DanJohansen responds:

Thanks for the in depth feedback man! I know how you feel, I feel like that all the time with other music, but I think it's a matter of huge personal preference difference between us, I am a huge fan of the 80's and it's massive use of reverb, I think that kind of sound is epic and that is what I prefer for a lot of sounds. I think dry verb less sound makes me taste sand in my mouth and come off as boring.

Most of the modern metal bands and other music tend to go down the path you prefer, but that sound makes me pull my hair and say: Turn up the delays and add some epicness and aliveness to this stuff!

Also, the synths you may call cheesy or cheap are awesome and "in your face" to me. I got omnisphere and use is a lot for atmosphere etc. But yeah, we're just radically different :)

Glad you enjoyed the tune man!