Reviews for "The Forgotten Dungeon"

Wow. Very solid work. This is like a simpler Diablo. There are, of course, tons of ways to improve in terms of storyline and features, but you are on the right way with this work. Really good, congratulations!

10 time better than Diablo 3.

By far one of the most entertaining and "Just for the sake of fun" games I've played on newgrounds to date.

Things I Love about this game:
the overpowered percentage based siphon hp/mana stats.
that you can move while using fireball in the direction of the mouse cursor.
the fact this games goal is focused on the fun. Nuking mass quantities of enemies is very enjoyable.
the fireball spell, it penetrates crowds of enemies and has little down time.
the bows auto attack for siphoning hp/mana and that it doesn't pause if you cast a spell.

Only 1 down side and a bug to report and why it occurs plus a response to slowdown comments.

-Con
Tremor games logo in the northeast of the screen. Wish there was room off to the side out of the games interface to fit your logo... or somewhere you wouldn't click out of instinct to move. I understand it gives revenue for each visit but its "foulplay" in terms of the respect between player & author. I ended up making 3 unwanted visits to the site in 1 sitting.

Bug:
First boss room with the resurrecting skeleton boss, if you end up killing 20+ enemies causing a shit ton of loot to appear and you "Loot" the loot after everything is dead you will be teleported to a 2x2 square floating in the northwest corner of the map. The cause involves the number of corpses/enemies killed and is triggered by looting. To avoid being teleported just don't loot more than 2 items (avoid looting all together if 50+ enemies were killed).
On the brightside to this glitch, you can refresh the browser once your stuck and farm all the enemies again for quick leveling.

Slowdown - Not a bug:
The game begins to slows down when 5+ enemies are on the screen. It's expected and bearable. The games engine can only handle so much. 1.0 frame rate when 60 enemies are on the screen ^_^.

I loved this game because of its focus on fun over Diablo 3's concept of 10^40 chance of loot for profit/betterment, an unrewarding/demoralizing grind and a terribly unenjoyable experience due to its goals.

This game gets a 10/10 cause the faults didn't kill the experience and it has the option to be used for the players benefit or avoided all together.

I bought Diablo 3 and spent a month grinding away for many days of crap items until I realized the problem. It wasn't fun. Blizzard took all the fun away and gave us an auction house.
This, is fun.

I love the game I wish the graphis is in refined pixel thats all

this game caught my attention by just reading the title. I had to check this out.
it's a lot of fun, very simple, yet oh so satisfying. point and click has never been more fun, especially when the enemies are as graphical as they appear. the overall game runs very smoothly.
I'd have to say that this is easily one of my favorite games to play on here.