Reviews for "Cathode Raybots"

Brilliant Game!

fuck! this game is great but its so dam hard!

Expected more from these highly appraised creators, whenever you have an arena fighting game like this, you either make it melee or mouse to shoot, I spent the entire time chasing the enemy and barely landing my attacks. You see you were trying to make it professional, with tons of character speech, music...etc., but none of this worked well together...and only made the game lag (might as well have worked on making it more detailed). The game itself wasn't exactly "WOW" and wasn't unique, not like Thing Thing, which makes you feel skilled when you jump around at high speeds and dodge bullets...with the rigid, short jumps, and small map, you can't quite do that. What I hate most is when enemies hit me, I get stunned, but not the other way around, you should NEVER have ranged knock-back, or at least only have it on the enemies.

TomFulp responds:

The bosses can't get moved around by bullets because it would break the user-generated pattern. The controls and hit responses are basically inspired by Mega Man boss battles, where the boss has a looping pattern that you must learn to defeat them. Sorry it runs slow on your computer, though. We converted all the art to raster to optimize performance and even the level tiles get merged into a single raster. There's still a lot going on and it's trying to run at 60fps.

This is great. Glad I got to play a small part in this game. Loving the controls, gameplay, and humor that this thing has. Bravo, Tom and Johnny.

You guys have no idea how long I have been waiting for this..........

TomFulp responds:

Enjoy! So glad we finally re-opened this one and got it done.