Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Cathode Raybots"

Awesome game, loved the concept, but I can't create a battle, Ican't click to test my battle cuz it keeps requesting for me to do a pattern, I keep repeating the pattern until the timer goes off, am I doing something wrong?

TomFulp responds:

While doing your pattern, hit spacebar or the "R" key to open your exit - you need to exit where you spawned, to create a loop.

enjoy
play/403880

Amazing game! Like the concept so far, though i wish humans could have more customization options and weapons. I'll definetely wait for a sequel if there's any plans for one.
P.D: Try beating these Bosses:
play/403295
play/403384

great art ,voice acting, and idea. you should add customization for the humans, like playing as the brain robot, have the level creators program what weapons the humans use, as in make more weapons or give them the raybots weapons, and lasty but not leastly powerups.

This is such a brilliant concept for a game. Honestly, the idea is nothing short of genius. My hats off to you guys. BUT there are some serious issues that really detract from this game. First of all, sometimes the pattern mode will work for me, sometimes it won't. I have no idea why. I find if I close firefox and restart it, it will sometimes work when it had stopped working.

Secondly, many of the 'difficult' campaign levels revolve too heavily around those wierd purple orbs, which imo are a very lame game mechanic. I'm not one to complain about mechanics as long as they're somehow surmountable, my policy is "shut up and adapt", but the orbs are just so lame, especially when certain bosses just spam them everywhere. I basically just don't have any control over my character, there is no timing or slight of hand involved that can improve my chances of winning when those orbs are spammed, I just have to mash my attack and arrow keys to try and face the right direction and hopefully get a hit on the boss. I think it's funny that one of the boss titles was "Hope for the best", because that's exactly what the game is reduced to because of those silly orbs. I do manage to beat the bosses, but not because of any adaptation or pattern recognition, just by spamming like an idiot (which is exactly what the boss does too).

I also think that it's very frustrating how I can't practise on a certain boss without reloading the game. If I want to fight the boss I lost to, I click the boss's name on the 'you lose' screen, but the button just opens a new window and I have to reload the game, which will then let me try the boss again. I have to open a new window each time I want to fight the same boss twice. This is cripplingly inconvenient, for such a great game to have such an annoying problem. Furhtermore, I can't really find a way to search for a boss that I played a day before or something. Maybe there is a search bar and I can't find it? Another thing is that there is no way to simply 'restart' a campaign. Like, if I know I'm not doing well on a boss, I have to exit the campaign and then go back to the campaign select screen, and then scroll down and click the campaign again. This just wastes my time when there could be a 'restart campagin' button or something.

Anyways, this is a marvel of a game. It's a billion dollar idea and it could have been the most sensational browser-based game in years. But some crippling oversights have really hurt the overall experience. I feel like it would have been fine for you guys to take more time with this game and work out the kinks before releasing it. Such a great idea deserves the best packaging and delivery.