Reviews for "The Dungeon"

Fantastic game, i love how simple it is, cant wait for the larger version

SirenGames responds:

Thanks! Really appreciate the kind words.

the game is kind of hard to see you should think about making the screen larger!

SirenGames responds:

Read the developer notes for info pertaining to this.

Mechanically, the game seems okay. There's two pretty big problems, though: First, things aren't really explained. Does attack increase damage? Does it increase the chance to hit? What about defence? How do I level up? Do I even gain experience? Does my character improve at all?

The second problem is more easily fixable: Everything is fucking tiny.

SirenGames responds:

Players are too used to modern games which hold your hand as you play. We avoided that. To learn how the game works you just have to play it. We went with a hard as hell retro feel. Attack does increase damage, not chance to hit.

the sounds are awesome, old school vibe all the way through in and out
this would be rad for a phone

SirenGames responds:

Were considering that. Any suggestions for controls?

Pretty cool game.
Although like you say in the description, it is a bit small, so that's kind of a draw back, but at least you knew this before being told.
I think I found a bug, it's possible to get literally stuck or cut off from the stairs, this happened to me at level four. I got boxed in and wasn't able to get to the steps.
One more thing, it's not so much of a bug but, if you turn on the "hold to move" option and walk into a wall, the stepping sound keeps playing in accordance with how long the button was pressed instead of, if it is currently being pressed. not bad just a little counter-intuitive.

Also, sorry one last thing, a "game exit" or "return to menu" option might be nice.

Anyway, Cool Game!

SirenGames responds:

It takes effort to walk into a wall regardless of whether you're gaining distance or not. We continue to reward this effort by keeping the counter going. You're welcome and thank you for playing the dungeon!