Reviews for "I Can't Escape"

i´m scared! great game!

I really love it. I think it's great that this was made for January's 1GAM. From one developer to another, this is fantastic.

davidmaletz responds:

Thanks a lot! 1GAM has been great in helping me to actually finish and release games - I have so many ideas planned! Look forward to my February game! Are you participating in 1GAM as well? What was your January game?

Pretty creepy atmosphere, definitely gave me the chills. I think the name says it all though, I collected keys, and managed to find my way back to the locked door with a ladder and still couldn't open it. Exploring the depths of this maze sounds like the biggest appeal overall among the others so I will try that next.

A fascinating game. But after a lot of trials I almost believe that there is no escape. A few observations that might help others:

1) A restart seems to generate a new maze (different arrangement of the rooms).

2) I have disovered FOUR ways of falling down:

- through black holes (clearly visible),
- through holes covered with greens (barely visible, but still visible)
- while attempting to open certain closed doors (no holes visible)
- standing too long at the same spot (90 % sure)

The problem is that one can avoid both types of holes (and perhaps also standing still too long), but eventually one will fall down without warning when trying to open certain doors.

I would like to know whether there is a solution or not. ;)

davidmaletz responds:

You are fairly observant! I'm not going to give away whether there is a solution or not, but I will confirm for you that you are correct that there are four ways of falling down. The fourth way of falling down you mentioned is half right - staying in the same spot increases the chances of an event happening, but it is not the cause. You are also right that the trap doors are the only way to fall that you cannot avoid, and that there is procedural level generation going on here. I'm glad you enjoyed the game, and it's interesting seeing people figure out the mysteries of the game, although there are still several left!

my flash player is not high anofe but i hope when i get it the game will be COOL armyguy1216