Reviews for "I Can't Escape"

The art was nice, but repetitive. The gameplay was fun to start with, but became tedious after a while of continuously doing the same things. I'm assuming the monsters on the lower levels were only there to try and scare people, because I would charge at them in an attempt to break their legs and nothing came of it. If you make another I would suggest setting the maze up in a way that you are required to go into the deeper 'scarier' parts in order to win. Also I'd suggest making monsters appear more frequently, and make them actually pose a threat in order to make them more scary. Also it'd be nice if the scenery changed more dramatically as you progressed, and with new scenery came new hidden passageways, traps, and monsters.

As a side note, I may have just been missing a mechanic which I should have figured out, but the keys don't seem very intuitive to me. I can never tell whether I used a key on a door or not, and some doors wont even open when I know I have a key.

Interesting concept, cool graphics, but completely lacking in any sort of fun. Almost every time you find a ladder with no black spot under it and think you've made some progress, nope, you fall through the floor anyway. Terrible game mechanic. Makes the whole experience seem impossible and frustrating rather than rewarding and fun...

davidmaletz responds:

Seems like you're having trouble spotting the hidden pits! The game does like taunting you and pushing you down deeper - that's where the fun is!

Really enjoyed the graphics you went for but what really set the mood for this game was definitely the music. As you fall deeper and deeper the music intensifies which really sets the feeling of hopelessness.

wow this was awesome the only thing that bothered me was the stiffness in the movement otherwise great job

interesting... i made all left turns and ended up in hole after hole :3 i like this game. in fact because of this game i've been in more holes than (insert rich person(s) here)